Watcha doin in Beckley, WV ATP?

v1valarob

Landed in BKW to find this on the ramp next to us. If his wing was over the TSA line, I was going to have it searched and impounded ;-)

Wonder whats up... because NO ONE wants to go to BKW. Thats why they have an EAS route. Lol

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 218
They're making someone remember why they want to be a jet pilot!! While transporting the big shot to see his girlfriend, perhaps? :p

HAHA!!! Nice find Rob.
My ride back in the day was bringing the girlfriend to see the big shot :D

I go to school online at Mountain State University for a Bach. in Aviation. I know I know...Anywhoo they are out of Beckley, WV so maybe they are trying to get something going w/ the school.

They're making someone remember why they want to be a jet pilot!! While transporting the big shot to see his girlfriend, perhaps? :p

If any of them are transporting their girlfriends to BKW, they are probably getting dumped. Haha

jhugz - I figured the same thing. But during the winter, BKW can be nasty, and it seems to go against their plan of not putting schools in the north east, or places that you cant operate 350 days a year.

jhugz - I figured the same thing. But during the winter, BKW can be nasty, and it seems to go against their plan of not putting schools in the north east, or places that you cant operate 350 days a year.

I don't feel like they would have any intention of putting a flight school in there because they are such a big online college. However it may be they (ATP) are trying to offer degree's along w/ their programs like UVSU did w/ a couple flight schools.

They dont have the jet ride anymore so basically its the big wigs. I got to fly with 3 souls in a Seminole twice during my stay at ATP. Once was so the CFI from Trenton, nj could take our old Seminole back while we picked up a brand new Seminole in Delaware(had 14 hrs on the Hobbs).

Second time was taking a dude for his jet ride after ATP told him he couldnt go to CFI school because of a paper work snafu(they told him he had x number of days to get writtens done, then came back and told him it was y days), so he was out of luck for the CFI program. Anyways, ferried him up to Stafford near D.C. during my instrument training. Rich was up there with his family using the plane.

Not sure what they use the plane now without the jet rides. Definitely nice perk for those bigwigs.

Not sure what they use the plane now without the jet rides. Definitely nice perk for those bigwigs.

its pretty obvious actually. think about it, they run a company with locations coast to coast. Considering the lack of mid level management, its actually quite necissary to have a way to get to any of thier 20+ schools within a few hours 24-7. I think the CJ is actually quite necissary and fits the role perfectly for what they need.... of course it goes without saying that it is also a major perk for the owners when not being used for business.

its pretty obvious actually. think about it, they run a company with locations coast to coast. Considering the lack of mid level management, its actually quite necissary to have a way to get to any of thier 20+ schools within a few hours 24-7. I think the CJ is actually quite necissary and fits the role perfectly for what they need.... of course it goes without saying that it is also a major perk for the owners when not being used for business.

I agree, its a very small aircraft. There are really 3 "big wigs" at the company if you dont count the owners son, and they all share it.

I got to fly with 3 souls in a Seminole twice during my stay at ATP.

I did it twice, once approved, once not.

First time was because we had to go to another location for checkrides so myself and another awesome pilot on this board flew it with a CFI on board to another location, we both did our rides and then flew it back.

Second time was when a certain CFI whose picture seems to be on every page on JC was quitting. She went to drop off her motorcycle at an airport close by, and she was good friends with the DE that I had my checkride with that day. So we did my comm-me and he had me divert to the airport she was at. Finished up my ride, and she hopped in.

The hilarious part was that my ride was over when we got to the diversion airport. The DE then asked if he minded if he flew the plane, and I was like "Have at it haaas." I wasnt going to fumble with him on board and give him a reason to take away my pass. So he takes over at the taxi to pick up the CFI and he shuts down the #2 engine. Which I understand why now after flying turbo props. Only problem is a seminole doesnt have beta, or a tiller wheel. The plane basically wouldnt taxi straight at all. The DE was like "hmmmm this didnt work out like I thought."

I did it twice, once approved, once not.

First time was because we had to go to another location for checkrides so myself and another awesome pilot on this board flew it with a CFI on board to another location, we both did our rides and then flew it back.

Second time was when a certain CFI whose picture seems to be on every page on JC was quitting. She went to drop off her motorcycle at an airport close by, and she was good friends with the DE that I had my checkride with that day. So we did my comm-me and he had me divert to the airport she was at. Finished up my ride, and she hopped in.

The hilarious part was that my ride was over when we got to the diversion airport. The DE then asked if he minded if he flew the plane, and I was like "Have at it haaas." I wasnt going to fumble with him on board and give him a reason to take away my pass. So he takes over at the taxi to pick up the CFI and he shuts down the #2 engine. Which I understand why now after flying turbo props. Only problem is a seminole doesnt have beta, or a tiller wheel. The plane basically wouldnt taxi straight at all. The DE was like "hmmmm this didnt work out like I thought."

HAHA!!! There was a plane for sale over at RIR so he had me taxi the 172 up next to it, he hopped out to get the phone number, got back in (with the motor running), and continued on up toward SBD to finish the ride. Best examiner ever!

HAHA!!! There was a plane for sale over at RIR so he had me taxi the 172 up next to it, he hopped out to get the phone number, got back in (with the motor running), and continued on up toward SBD to finish the ride. Best examiner ever!

Yea. On my PPL-ME we were at the hold short line. His buddy was in a plane behind us. He switched over to 123.45 and they started making lunch plans.

And for all those reading this. The DE is a good examiner. He exams as well as teaches at the same time, which I think is a good, but rare thing in a DE.

Back