ATC-SAT

Re: ATC-SAT.com

I wouldnt bother spending money on that stuff, There is a free AT-Scenarios link (I lost it, if someone can post it) which has a Scenario and scan test. The rest, just get the green book or read the forums, i got alota tips just from this website for the test.

The scan test one never works for me, just shows a black box. Anyone else get that? Running firefox in a windows xp x64 environment.

i am currently using the practice test package off that website, and if i have read everything on here right, i think it IS worth the puny 30 bucks i had to pay for it. i mean come one....what's 30 bucks if you want to be seriously ready for the test. i am also looking into getting the green book, but i've read a lot of posts that talk about it being inaccurate in several areas. now, don't take my word for it because i haven't taken my test, but when i got my email to schedule my test, i hadn't been in not a forum one or had anything to do with the industry in over 5 years. i didn't even know what the at-sat was nor did any of my old atc buddies from the air force days. last point and i'll shut up. there is a thread on here titled reflections and advice for the at-sat (posted by rosstafari). it is long and thorough and describes in detail the test....and from what i have been doing with my practice tests from atc-sat....it is exactly the same. and i mean right down to the colors of the boxes on the letter factory. so take it for what it is worth, but i feel a lot better after using the the material i bought which describes everything in great detail as far as following instructions, reading instructions, and so forth and so on. i was even asking on a thread i started titled green book about why i hadn't heard anyone else talking about this website, but to each his own ya know. i take my at-sat next friday (13 nov) isn't that wonderful that i get to take my test on friday the 13th!!! i'll let you know how i did. btw, thanks rosstafari for the link on material to pass the applied math portion. i am currently reading it and my whole point with this reply is that you can never have too many sources when it comes to being prepared for this test. hope i said that with grace and didn't step on anyone's toes.

Hey, I've gotta take it on Friday the 13th as well in St. Charles. I'm going to use AT-SAT.com as I just finally got paid from the harvest (took a month off to drive... it was easy but sucked as we got a lot of cancelled days due to rain).

Anyways, the 13th ain't so bad. I was born on the 13th, so it's a lucky number. To much of the world 13 is very lucky. It's more or less the English who think it's backwards... and really, the British ain't exactly spot on in most areas. So don't fret, and enjoy the test. It's just there to let the panels know that you're above the rest. Truly, you found Jetcareers.net, you're a peg above the rest.

fly6785,

i've been using stucmic.com and atc-sat.com and they are both really simillar, but i like the compexity of the math problems on stucmic better however the atc-sat math does a better job of explaining about true air speed and ground speed. they are both good, but you will be prepared with both i think. i again want to reitterate that the more sources you use, the better prepared you will be. i got really good info off both sites that the other one didn't have. hope that helps you some.

proudpilot, good luck.

I just took the AT-SAT on 10/26 and got a 97.4. The only thing I used to study was atc-sat.com and jeremyjustice.com/games. I would highly recommend ATC-SAT.com. It's true that their applied math problems are not as complex as the actual test but you get the idea and the test is multiple choice so you can always take your best guess (I apparently still did ok). This is the only place I've heard that has a practice for Letter Factory and I was very thankful for that. The program isn't perfect but you will feel much more comfortable going into the test after this.

I just took the AT-SAT on 10/26 and got a 97.4. The only thing I used to study was atc-sat.com and jeremyjustice.com/games. I would highly recommend ATC-SAT.com. It's true that their applied math problems are not as complex as the actual test but you get the idea and the test is multiple choice so you can always take your best guess (I apparently still did ok). This is the only place I've heard that has a practice for Letter Factory and I was very thankful for that. The program isn't perfect but you will feel much more comfortable going into the test after this.

Seconded.
The Letter Factory practice was worth the $30 alone. Again, the math isn't as complex as the real test, but just doing the mental math gets your ready for mental math in general.

As far as Scan and Scenarios, I'd use JeremyJustice. They're actually written better. Scan on ATC-SAT is written poorly in that more than one aircraft with the same two-number identifier can be on the page at the same time, which causes the program to accuse you of deleting an incorrect aircraft, even though it deletes the correct one as well.

ATC-SAT definitely helped prepare me for the test, as did JeremyJustice, and I got a 100.

i am currently using the practice test package off that website, and if i have read everything on here right, i think it IS worth the puny 30 bucks i had to pay for it. i mean come one....what's 30 bucks if you want to be seriously ready for the test.

I have not used this other book you all are referencing. I read through "The Green Book" and used the CD. If I remember correctly, there were 1 or 2 errors in the Applied Mathematics portion of the book and an error or two in the dials portion. The CD had some quirks that won't work even if you have the upgrade. But, all in all, I was prepared enough for the test to score WQ. I didn't pay for the book. Local libraries rock!

http://www.atc-sat.com/... Anyone ever use this for studying for the ATSAT?? If so got any feedback?

not a bad site to prepare you, scenarios are exactly the same just more planes on the practice tests, math is harder on the ATSAT, dials, angles exactly the same as well as letter factory, the questions on the letter factory on the ATSATare a little rediculous, Iused this site and got a 91.8 on my ATSAT so i think it helped...good luck

hey guys. i've got some practice tests left over from my package that i bought. if anyone is interested, pm me and i'll give you my loggin and password. they are really helpful especially the letter factory!

Back