Working on AOPA's 'GA Serves America' Campaign Shoot

ClearedForOption

Psychiatric Help 5¢
I had a fantastic opportunity recently.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine calls me up with a real neat two day gig for my days off... well, first he wanted a bunch of free advice, and then he wants me to be the 'aircraft/camera' expert for the production company doing the follow up shoot for the 'GA Serves America' campaign for AOPA... not only did I get to have a fun day where I was able to see a whole bunch of friends from film school - well, I was able to be the local expert on all things flying and the go between between the film people there and aviation people. (as I spoke both languages)

Anyhoo, the most awesome part, was being able to meet, chat with, and rig up cameras on Harrison Ford's DeHavilland Beaver. (had they actually been able to go up in the air it would have been an awesome shot)

It was a great day... I was able to meet some high muckety-mucks from AOPA, chat with them about current issues, and just plain have fun. A interesting change from the day to day grind in ORD.

And I even got a picture. (with BOTH of my childhood heroes)

Attachments

• rich and HF1.jpg
    rich and HF1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 60
That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

But at the same time, give them a collective kick in the nuts on my behalf and tell them to stop with this marketing campaign targeted towards pilots exclusively. If I can't even get a bumper sticker for my truck, how are we going to spread the message to those who aren't already on our side?

Sorry, a bit drunk and frustrated with the GASA campaign's tactics. Oooooh, let's get pilots together for a rally - that'll help! :sarcasm:

That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

But at the same time, give them a collective kick in the nuts on my behalf and tell them to stop with this marketing campaign targeted towards pilots exclusively. If I can't even get a bumper sticker for my truck, how are we going to spread the message to those who aren't already on our side?

Sorry, a bit drunk and frustrated with the GASA campaign's tactics. Oooooh, let's get pilots together for a rally - that'll help! :sarcasm:

I think they are doing more than just "getting pilots together"

Back