Cirrus Airframe

meritflyer

I think there was a recent thread discussing airframe limitations.

Cirrus has some 12 year, 12,000 hour airframe life (or something like that).

When the plane hits the 12 year mark, do you send it to the junk yard?

There was just a thread on this. Cirrus is a perfectly good airplane especially compared to 50 year old aircraft we're all used to flying. In fact, there isn't any reason to guess. Its all laid out on the FAA's website:

The SR20 has a 12000 hour limit and the SR22 currently has a 4350 hour limit that will be reviewed and extended as aircraft near that time.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/91b98f5d9cf615c586256e54006329e9/$FILE/A00009CH.pdf

:)

The SR20 has a 12000 hour limit and the SR22 currently has a 4350 hour limit that will be reviewed and extended as aircraft near that time.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/91b98f5d9cf615c586256e54006329e9/$FILE/A00009CH.pdf

Your TC link indicates the 22 has a 12,000 hour life limit as merit mentioned. Where do you see 4350?

Hmm. I never knew that you could only paint it certain colors.

Life limited airframe = suck.

There is no calendar limit, just an airframe life limit of 12,000 hours for both the SR-20 and SR-22 that will likely continue to increase as testing/hours are accumulated on the fleet.

The -22 was initially certified with a 4300-ish hour airframe limit (common practice) that was subsequently raised to 12,000 after testing/hours were accumulated on the -22s.

Maybe when they upgrade the life limit they can put in a little red light so they can turn off the #(*$(@@(ing strobes on the ramp.

Maybe when they upgrade the life limit they can put in a little red light so they can turn off the #(*$(@@(ing strobes on the ramp.

Don't worry Boris. I'm addressing this issue with a vengeance. Any time I taxi in at night and some numbnuts is sitting there with the strobes a-blazin', I'll key up on ground and ask them to relay my request that he turn them off in the interest of salvaging what little night vision I have remaining. If the pilot gives me any lip, I ask them to go read AC91-73 and thank them for their cooperation in letting me see.

Ok, not really, but I'd like to.

Back