Dowling College-Campus Life?

ktsai91

How is the campus life and dorm life at Dowling College particularly the Brookhaven Campus? Thats one of the colleges I'm thinking of transferring to after community college.

Like in my other post I mentioned that Dowling College is mainly a commuter school. Despite that, is there any good dorm life at Brookhaven? What about Rudolph Campus?

Repeat after me.
Google is my friend,
Google is my friend,
Google is my friend.

;)

PM Youngflyer, I believe he attends Dowling.

Thanks youngflyer. I was concerned that I won't get a good campus life because the Brookhaven campus like you said is in the middle of nowwhere. Are there any clubs based at Brookhaven?

Thanks youngflyer. I was concerned that I won't get a good campus life because the Brookhaven campus like you said is in the middle of nowwhere. Are there any clubs based at Brookhaven?
I believe there are, but I am not quite sure of their names. There is also the NIFA flight team which is restarting this year which you could take part in.

One reason why I want to go to Dowling College Brookhaven is not only because it has aviation management but there's a nearby FBO called Mid Island Air Service which has some LSAs so I could continue my sport pilot flight training.

Youngflyer, are there some Dowling students who take their flight training at Mid Island Air Service in Brookhaven? Are some of the students prospective sport pilots?

I'm a 2003 graduate of DC, and while I believe the flight department has changed since then (instructors moving on, etc.) I'm pretty sure they would try to discourage anyone from going across HWV and doing some training at Mid Island (it's their competition after all) ;)

That being said, back then there weren't as many buildings as there are now at the Brookhaven campus.

I'm a 2003 graduate of DC, and while I believe the flight department has changed since then (instructors moving on, etc.) I'm pretty sure they would try to discourage anyone from going across HWV and doing some training at Mid Island (it's their competition after all) ;)

That being said, back then there weren't as many buildings as there are now at the Brookhaven campus.
Yeah, that is pretty much true. The only thing they would encourage is going over there for tailwheel training or aerobatic training. Any other type of training that they could provide, they would discourage for the most part.

Back