Should Swinte Bring Back the Blog?

jeffm1999

So, I think we can all agree that swinte's first couple weeks of blogs were very informative and fun to read for all of us potential ATC'ers. But lately, I have noticed that he has been slackin'!

The intent of this thread is to put a little peer pressure on our friend Swinte to bring it back his very informative and fun to read blog. I know the academy is probably taking a lot out of him, but who needs sleep anyway?

So what do you guys say? Place your votes...

p.s. This is all in good fun swinte...

I thought about sending him a message...I'll just do this instead. Also the excuse of "hey there is a lot to learn, I am busy studying and also enjoying the unfamiliar city" is hereby declared unacceptable.

p.s. also in good fun!

A poll about my blog?

Wow.. Now I'm feeling the need to start updating again...

I'll probably post the same thing I'm about to post here in my blog, so here it goes...

When we got switched to nights, I was extremely exhausted after getting out of class at midnight, and since the posts would have been posted on the day following class, I never got around to updating. By the time I got up the following day to get ready for class, I had little to no time to post on here. Since we got back to days this week, I haven't updated and I really don't have a reason, I just haven't been on the computer as much.

So, my apologies to all of you who take the time to check on it. I'll do my best to cover the things that I have left out over the past week and a half to two weeks.

Basics is very, VERY dry and can be quite boring at times (as a matter of fact, most of the time) so I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in hearing about it.

So, I'll be bringing the blog back. We go back to nights next week and then the following Monday, August 17, is our comprehensive exam. Then it's off to Tower Cab... That will be the fun part!

Thank you all for the encouragement and the enthusiasm you have for what I have written. It definitely means a lot to know that I'm giving something back to the JetCareers community.

I figured you were busy, just don't forget about all of the rest of us, still starving for information. :drool:

Plus, I gotta have something to do at work until I get the call. :laff:

Even if you think it's boring, it is fun for us to live vicariously through you, because for now, its all we've got.

And I hope whoever posted good riddance gets assigned to Atlanta TRACON.

Whoever you are, you can GFY :rotfl:

Great to see the blog is back, two quick questions, do all classes rotate going to nights for a few days or weeks, or do some classes get stuck doing night the majority of the time in OKC? Also what have you been doing for fun? Are there cool places people go to drink or cool sports bars where people can watch football games from their home town teams?

I figured you were busy, just don't forget about all of the rest of us, still starving for information. :drool:

Plus, I gotta have something to do at work until I get the call. :laff:

Even if you think it's boring, it is fun for us to live vicariously through you, because for now, its all we've got.

:yeahthat:

Great to see the blog is back, two quick questions, do all classes rotate going to nights for a few days or weeks, or do some classes get stuck doing night the majority of the time in OKC? Also what have you been doing for fun? Are there cool places people go to drink or cool sports bars where people can watch football games from their home town teams?

Usually everyone in basics will have two weeks of nights. When you enter your training for your option, the availability of classrooms and labs dictates the amount of nights you work. Our class lucked out and had no night classes once we moved into the Stafford building, primarily because we were slated to become the guinea pig class for some new course curriculum.

There are plenty of things to do around OKC if you're willing to get out and explore a little bit. If you're used to party central, this is probably not the place to be (you are here to work and study anyway) but there is stuff to do, depending on what your idea of fun is.

I remember being told that photos were not allowed.
Anyways....Nice shots! Good memories....
Can't wait to get back for rtf.

Hehehe...........the real fun begins at your facility.:rotfl:

Back