Updating Garmin and Avdyne Subscriptions

sdfcvoh

This is my Custom Title
I've got a customer who has asked me to help get his newly acquired airplane updated. He's got an Avidyne EX500 MFD and a Garmin GNS430W. Having never worked with updating subscriptions, I wondered if someone could help steer me in the right direction before I just start shotgunning tech support.
(This way I'll sound like I have a clue when I call the companies ;))

Thanks in advance!

The garmin just needs a card reader and a subscription, the JSUM (Jeppesen Services Update Manager) is pretty much idiot proof.

Excellent, thanks.

I should add that the Avidyne EX500 needs an XM update if anyone has ideas about it.

The garmin just needs a card reader and a subscription, the JSUM (Jeppesen Services Update Manager) is pretty much idiot proof.

Told you I didn't have a clue! :insane:
Is the XM working?

I would guess if it is not then it just needs to be activated, you will need the Antenna number, account holder's info (email address, phone number, credit card) and call XM, they will send an activate signal, and it should be set from there.

Radio works, but the WX isn't updating anymore.

Is the XM working?

I would guess if it is not then it just needs to be activated, you will need the Antenna number, account holder's info (email address, phone number, credit card) and call XM, they will send an activate signal, and it should be set from there.

Back