Time building questions

afx

So i saved some money and want to build some single time toward my instrument and also some for the experience. I wan't to fly at least 100hrs
I prefer something new like Piper Arrow or Cessna 172, 1995+ model
i'm planing to fly that 100 hrs around 2 months and i want to keep the airplane on my home airport during that time. Which place should i go.
Should i lease wet or dry. What do you recommend.

Thanks

So i saved some money and want to build some single time toward my instrument and also some for the experience. I wan't to fly at least 100hrs
I prefer something new like Piper Arrow or Cessna 172, 1995+ model
i'm planing to fly that 100 hrs around 2 months and i want to keep the airplane on my home airport during that time. Which place should i go.
Should i lease wet or dry. What do you recommend.

Thanks

What is your home airport? Dry would be best unless you rent from your home airport. I am also not aware of too many rentals where you can take the plane home for a couple months, so something local might be your best bet. You could also try contacting some people with planes for sale, just make sure you have non owned aircraft insurance.

I might be able to hook you up with 100 hours of C150 time. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Buy an IFR 152, fly the 100 hours, then sell it - this would probably be even cheaper.

Buy an IFR 152, fly the 100 hours, then sell it - this would probably be even cheaper.

Not likely, I did something similar and my first annual was over 8k. Being an owner is great for many other reasons but I doubt it would be cheaper than renting 100hrs in todays market. Is it possible, sure. If you bought right, got a good bird and had no problems. You would also have to sell in a timely fashion for more than you paid.

Harvest Aviation in Nashua NH has a IFR 152 for $45/hour, I am sure you could get it cheaper if you bought a 100 hour block.

Back