AceyPalooza

gtpilot

Because you’re working so hard out there for us, we wanted to make sure that this year’s employee appreciation week was something a little more special and personal. This year’s event, being held Sept. 13 – Sept. 19, is named AceyPalooza.

:rotfl: :banghead: :mad: :argue: :chair: :wtf?:

The worst part is, someone is actually paid to sit in an office and think of names like that....

Not surprised.

Shared sarcrifice huh? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You are right. I was amazed on how every at our airline upon reaching milestones in the company get recognized... All our recalls must have been overlooked upon reaching our one year with the company.... And the same e-mails went out about "MERRY CHRISTMAS." haha Yeah right....

We just had our company courtesy leg hump fest last month!:rolleyes: Yeah we're feelin the love.:deadhorse:

Are they going to bring the "Jump to Conclusions" game from Office Space? :)

A number of years ago I worked in the HQ at a large company. The company was holding their annual fancy Christmas party - but this year was going to charge employees $20 a head for dinner. Yep, it was a regional airline.
LOL!:laff: That happened here, but nobody wanted to pay up, so they canceled the party. Now they don't even have one. Oh then they took away the yearly Christmas ham certificates. Needed to cut our operational costs for Richard!:rolleyes::whip::deadhorse:

Okay I'll get off my :soapbox:!

You are right. I was amazed on how every at our airline upon reaching milestones in the company get recognized... All our recalls must have been overlooked upon reaching our one year with the company.... And the same e-mails went out about "MERRY CHRISTMAS." haha Yeah right....

I know it's quite automated, but it was a slap in my face when - on my last trip, I checked my mailbox and I had a "Congratulations on 1 year of active service! We appreciate all you've done and accomplished! Blah blah blah."

Gee thanks for the furlough and you're about 20 days early. :whatever:

As far as holiday services, ASA I must say was pretty good about them. Two servings of ham/turkey and fixings during Thanksgiving and Christmas. One in the morning to about 1pm, and another at around 5pm to 8pm. Catered.

Only trouble was, the DGS ramp rats had their lounge just two doors down from our overflow lounge - where they set all this nice stuff up. So, if you didn't get in there by about start time plus one hour, all the food would be gone as they'd filter in and grab some.

At Mesa ALPA bought me dinner a lot more times than the company ever did. The first time was because ALPA is forbidden to step foot on the training center so to do the new hire briefings they invited everyone in our class to lunch.

company comment regarding AceyPalooza said:
Hearing all of the bitter comments about how we shouldn't be glad when something good is announced, just because of the furloughs is getting very, very old.

From a pilot. A modestly senior one at that.

Must have been nice to never have to suck crow during your career.

Last year my company had us arrive at the Grand Ballroom of the JW Marriott so they could feed us breakfast. Omlette stations, fresh fruit, mimosas, etc. all included. Then, they flew the editor of Automobile Magazine out to speak to us to about the auto industry. After that they handed out countless plasma TVs, trips to Europe for factory tours, blah blah blah.

Know what we go this year? A letter telling us how lucky we were to have jobs. HA!

From a pilot. A modestly senior one at that.

Must have been nice to never have to suck crow during your career.

So basically, your co-worker is saying "I've got mine, pull up the rope, holy cow, lookit my sweet schedule"?

So basically, your co-worker is saying "I've got mine, pull up the rope, holy cow, lookit my sweet schedule"?

There's a lot of those here.

We had this big meeting to discuss the furloughs ('management' was over 10 mins late showing up). But when they got to the Q&A part one of the first questions was someone asking "so with these 56 guys gone, will line values go up?"

Then on our company website there was another senior guy bitching and moaning about "hopefully line values will go above guarantee so I can afford to pay my bills"

At this company (excluding first year pay) there's nobody to blame but yourself if you can't budget to live on guarantee. It might not be glamorous, but it can (and should) be done.

One of the best pieces of advice I've heard (and I'm pretty sure it was on here) is to budget yourself for guarantee and look at the rest as extra.

Back