Republic flying 319's

Republic is now Frontier and those Airbus will be flown by the F9 crews. Even if BB wanted to put them on the RAH certificate the pilot group would have to negotiate new pay rates on it. Less work for BB to just keep it on the F9 cert and let their pilots do the flying until the integration is complete. You won't be seeing any RAH pilot flying an Airbus until the integration is complete and even at that there will probably be pretty tall fences around the type.

I'm sure some Shuttle FO who was going to walk your resume in Socal is salivating at the chance to fly an A319!!!!11

It's all one company now, so does it matter who gets the flying. I'm all for fences and as long as the YX and F9 furloughed get their jobs back, any new flying can go anywhere.

It's all one company now, so does it matter who gets the flying.

Of course it matters. The F9 and MEH guys were mainline pilots with mainline contracts until Bedford scooped them up. The idea that they can be bumped down to an EMB while some RAH captain takes their Airbus seat is absurd. Those fences better be pretty damned high.

Of course it matters. The F9 and MEH guys were mainline pilots with mainline contracts until Bedford scooped them up. The idea that they can be bumped down to an EMB while some RAH captain takes their Airbus seat is absurd. Those fences better be pretty damned high.

Nobody is going to be "bumping" anyone down. There will be fences and there will be one list.

A fence that runs the length of the most junior Midwest or Frontier pilot?

What about new hires? If memory serves me correct, an individual applied to RAH, then the company decided where to send the individual be it Shuttle, CHQ, or Republic. Will that type of system remain, but now with Frontier's Airbuses tossed in?

Nobody is going to be "bumping" anyone down. There will be fences and there will be one list.

I am very glad to hear you say this and hope this is the tone of the majority. If it is, my respect level will have increased greatly for the RAH guys...

A fence that runs the length of the most junior Midwest or Frontier pilot?

What about new hires? If memory serves me correct, an individual applied to RAH, then the company decided where to send the individual be it Shuttle, CHQ, or Republic. Will that type of system remain, but now with Frontier's Airbuses tossed in?

I don't think anyone can answer all those questions with any certainty. It's gonna take time and I'm sure it's gonna get pretty complicated. Every one has their own opinions on how all the smaller details will iron out but the majority of the group is in agreement when it comes to the big picture. No one I have talked to feels they should be able to take a guys seat on the airbus and everyone knows that there needs to be one list. As for the rest only time will tell.

I wonder what the career expectations of a bankrupt and liquidated Midwest and Frontier pilot is?

I wonder what the career expectations of a bankrupt and liquidated Midwest and Frontier pilot is?

Only Midwest was on the way to liquidation. F9 was actually turning decent profits recently. Doesn't really matter, because any arbitrator will look at the career expectations of the RAH pilots and see clearly that they had absolutely no career expectation of ever flying mainline equipment. Expect very tall fences.

Expect very tall fences.

I think everyone here knows that there will be fences, however I think the F9 guys know that there is a very fine line between a workable fence and something that is so restrictive that it ends up screwing them over in the long run. There are plenty of scenarios that come to mind that would end up hurting the F9 pilots, especially the junior ones, if the fence is permanent or too restrictive. What if BB decides that he doesn't want to grow the Airbus fleet and just uses what they have for the heavy big city pairs. Because of their fear of flying a 190/175/170 they have effectively made all their FOs career FOs and all their Reserve captains career reserve captains. Or even worse what if he decides to downsize the Airbus Fleet (I heard they are worth a pretty penny on the international market right now), now you get more F9 guys furloughed because you had too much pride to operate an Embraer "Regional" jet. Perhaps the new contract has decent pay rates for the 190 and it makes financial sense for a F9 FO to upgrade into it. If there are fences that are too tall he/she won't have that option. I want the F9 guys to feel welcomed and have the change to their everyday lives be a small as possible but we also want to be treated with respect and I think that eventually its going to need to be operated and treated as 1 airline.

In my opinion, and this is only my opinion and in no way speaks for the RAH pilot group, I think relative seniority with a 3-5 year fence around the Airbus for all the F9 pilots. Possible even have language that brings the fences down slowly so there isn't a flood of movement all at once. Furloughed Republic guys get first recall into any of the Embraer products and furloughed Frontier guys get first rights into the Airbus. Seat/base protect the Lynx guys and give them a ratio starting with their most senior guy at the time they started operations. Maybe even give their FOs first upgrade rights to the Q400, I dunno. The OG Mokulele guys should just be stapled with seat/base protection on the Caravan. If they want to bid out they can whenever they can hold it and if they don't want to then it doesn't change anything for them as they are still in Hawaii and still flying their Caravans. As for all the MidEx guys that are furloughed?? I dunno thats the toughest in my mind. Maybe put them behind the 50 or so furloughed Frontier guys and give them rights to the Airbus. Either way, its obviously not going to be perfect and people are going to have to swallow their pride for a little bit. Being that I an on the bottom 25% of the list I will most likely get screwed pretty good. But either way its going to be an interesting ride...:eek:

Well, consider me an optimist. I'm not going to assume all doom and gloom just because a "Regional" airline bought 2 Major airlines.

ATN- My original statement assumes the pay is worked out.

Back