2 CFI's?

You and your instructor wouldn't be covered under the insurance if you had an accident and they reviewed your logbooks.

I've had a couple opportunities to instruct in planes that I wasn't 100% insured or 'checked out' in and I stayed away. Sounds like too much of a risk to take. If you were caught by the club you would certainly be banished. You also mentioned wanting to some day teach at the 'club'. Again, I would suggest keeping it on the up and up.

When you look for/find an instructor you need one that not only you like but one who has access you aircraft that you can fly for your training. The only other option is to find another instructor or buy a plane.

My club isn't currently adding any instructors onto the crew because we are overstaffed as it is. This is probably going to be the story at most schools for quite some time.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I think both of the above are phenomenally bad ideas.

Scenario one is asking to be sued, remember it is insurance companies that run this business, not the FAA. An instructor willing to step into a plane that they are not insured in is an imbecile.

Scenario two is asking to be confused; as well as confusing the hell out of your instructors because unless they are literally teaching from the exact same lesson plan, and communicating with each other they will not be on the same page as to what needs to be covered on a particular lesson.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I think both of the above are phenomenally bad ideas.

:yeahthat:

You need to find a legit way of training, simple as that. Don't try to cut corners, pit instructors against each other, or any other nonsense.

Aviation is a REALLY small world. Sneakiness almost never pays off. Whatever you do, good or bad, will be found out by people who matter. However you decide to complete your training, do it in a way that can be exposed to everyone around you without looking ridiculous or shameful.

The answer to your first scenario is, probably not. You should ask the flight club though. They may make you sign a contract saying there will be no instructing without their instructors and things of that nature.They may allow the instructor to teach within the club. However the flight school may not let him teach somewhere else. You are dabbling in dangerous territory though. Any time you do something sneaky or dishonest you are running the risk of losing privileges at both places. Both places have a business to run and they understand that you have a goal that you would like to meet fiscally and quality. There are also legal and insurance issues. Aviation is full of bureaucracy. It is easy to get in trouble if you're not careful. I would do everything on the up and up and make sure everyone is informed on what is going on. Aviation is such a small community. Keep all relationships positive, honest and professional because you will deal with them again one day.

The second scenario is more possible, however complicated and possibly expensive. Again, make sure everyone is informed on the situation and everything is clear, especially between the flight instructors. But using two instructors will most likely extend training and increase cost. The logbook would not be an issue as long as the instructor signing you off has documented where he personally instructed you are the required topics. This has happened before, and if everyone involved is understanding and accepting of the terms and conditions, it can work well. Don't try to hide anything or make sure you are covered

You will also learn how fellow pilots/friends view actions you are planning on taking. In other words if you are coming to my club to fly an airplane and you bring a guy to watch you fly. In doing so you are taking a job from my club CFI. It can be disespectful. Again, aviation is small an you will be found out. And if you get caught doing things of this nature, you will be held responsible to all party's you involved. Both Instructors, the flight school, the flight club, and any others that assisted you're plan. Because of the manor you treated the situation, when something goes wrong, you will not have those fbo's or flying clubs to support you because you have put them in an unwanted situation. Both business would be losing money and both instructors would create a a bad reputation and untimately lose business.

As for me, I understand what you want to do, and it can be tough to do. Just discuss the situations and get written approvals saying what you worked out is legit and everyone is in agreement. But really, juat keep it as simple as possibile. Avoid schemes and plans and I believe you will finish in shorter time and less money.

My best situiation is to find an independant GA aircraft that you could rent man to man and then pay the instructor. Just eliminate the flying club and find a plane for sale or rent, and se if you could rent, or block rent it.

**I hope this is comprehendable. I wrote it completely inebriated. Please be gentle in the mockery and hurtful shots at my manhood.

Unless your commercial courses is 141, there is very few hours of dual in the commercial course, which complete rules out the need for two CFIs, especially in two different schools.

Also, you have a lot more to loose than gain by bringing your CFI in under-the-table.
Not to mention, if this is time building, save your money. You should be solo anyway.
You don't have to be, but it is smart financially and you get to rent from your club with nothing to worry about.

Some how Jose (the OP) was able to find my number and call me last night at 1am. I have no idea how or where he found my number since I don't have it listed but he somehow managed.

Maybe he thought it was a business number and planned to leave a message but I always keep my phone on in case a past student needs help, I never imagined that somebody would get the wild idea of waking me up in the middle of the night.

Now he deletes his first post... I don't even know what to think.

Some how Jose (the OP) was able to find my number and call me last night at 1am. I have no idea how or where he found my number since I don't have it listed but he somehow managed.

Maybe he thought it was a business number and planned to leave a message but I always keep my phone on in case a past student needs help, I never imagined that somebody would get the wild idea of waking me up in the middle of the night.

Now he deletes his first post... I don't even know what to think.
Did he sound sober when he called?

I found it in a few clicks, for free by the information you have on this page.

I won't post how, because it is creepy in my book, but you can pm me for directions on how he more than likely got that number.

Tell you what it worries me that someones self esteem is that low that they feel they need to do that. Pathetic.

Back