An unidentified airline just bought five Q400s.

There's a lot of rumours up here in Canada that it's Air Canada Jazz. We just renewed our CPA with Air Canada, and part of it has us giving up some of our older RJ 100/200 beginning this month, and renewing our turboprop fleet by 2011. This is just a rumour though, but we are an all Bombardier fleet, and I can't think of any other turboprop out there that we'd get over a Q (although we could just get more 200 and 300s).

If it's not Jazz, it's most likely Porter (assuming it's a Canadian company), although they have publicly announced before they've ordered more planes, so I dont know why they'd want to keep it secret this time around.

It would be cool if we got the Q400, but Id like to stay on the RJ. Props are for boats after all ;)

It was Pinnacle. They're going to be for the regional service Colgan is going to be running for Southwest.

Maybe they're for Piedmont's new PHX base.

I love it!!! Not with farrow's cheap ass though. Remember, we can't even afford Crewtrac ;).
By the way, great avatar :D. Hope you cancelled that bi*ch before you even did the walk around, Lol!

It was Pinnacle. They're going to be for the regional service Colgan is going to be running for Southwest.

Not sure if you'd say that if you saw the new parent letter. :)

Actually, I don't know what it says about more Qs. I do know that if management decides to put jets on your side, well, what's your seniority again? ;)

I love it!!! Not with farrow's cheap ass though. Remember, we can't even afford Crewtrac ;).
By the way, great avatar :D. Hope you cancelled that bi*ch before you even did the walk around, Lol!

We sure did. I told my CA (who was a big company man and wanted to fly it back to the mx base with revenue pax) that I'm not gonna let this flight go. End of story. We ferried it to MDT. It was absolutely unbearable. That was last year before they put out that FIL that said "it's up to the pilot's discretion wether or not to cancel a flight due to poor a/c"... etc. (which is the ENTIRE Hotel Alpha fleet).

Not sure if you'd say that if you saw the new parent letter. :)

Actually, I don't know what it says about more Qs. I do know that if management decides to put jets on your side, well, what's your seniority again? ;)

Could (would) you expand on this statement? I know your new TA has provisions in it for the integration of our lists (which I fully support, BTW). But are you suggesting the CJC people are not going to like what you have in store for us? Because that's not what I heard......

Could (would) you expand on this statement? I know your new TA has provisions in it for the integration of our lists (which I fully support, BTW). But are you suggesting the CJC people are not going to like what you have in store for us? Because that's not what I heard......

Nah, I think it does a good job of protecting BOTH sides. I don't have specifics on it yet since I haven't read the contract language, but I'm gonna try to get some Saturday night on the conference call. Don't want to say something and be WAAAY off base, so I'll toss more info out after I get the explanation on it. I'm HOPING we have an actually TA to read by the end of next week. All indications point to the pilot group getting to read it at the same time as the MEC.

I'm not sure who would want any more Quirky400's...

As with most things in life, don't believe the hype. it's really funny how Bombardier specifically said NO other operators are having lightning strike issues. We have one that has received 15 in a year and a half. That is soo far from normal. Seriously any time there is a storm near by, one of the Q's gets hit. it's become, like... normal. Heck several still have holes in em.

Hahaha, that's funny...:rotfl:

Lightning Strike issues...I had 4 in 2 years at Horizon, and I know we had atleast 7-10 each summer...I'd say it's more of a lightning rod...

Back