IACRA does not work on MAC...

Just one more reason why not to get an overpriced Mac. I think of them as nothing more than something to throw at the crows makeing all that damn noise in the morning.

They are kinda like a Piper Traumahawk. Some people swear by them, but the proof is in the statistics.

You're right...the proof is in the statistics. Know what computer was fastest running Vista? Macbook Pro. Of course that just scratches the surface, but there's some pretty good data on the areas where Macs actually do have the advantage over Windows.

It's very simple. Macs are status symbols, plain and simple. Some people just have to have them. Like iphones, ipods when they were new, twitter, fancy cars, IACRA yadda yadda.

PCs run just as well and cost far less than a Mac.

...yes. IACRA sucks, too.

-mini

You're right...the proof is in the statistics. Know what computer was fastest running Vista? Macbook Pro. Of course that just scratches the surface, but there's some pretty good data on the areas where Macs actually do have the advantage over Windows.

They use exactly the same hardware. Same processors, hard drives, and memory.

Don't make an opinion until you try one. This site was built upon one... I believe...
I've tried one. I don't love it, I don't hate it, its a computer like any other as far as I'm concerned. But then again, I don't ask anything more of it than to provide me a laptop based net portal. If I had to use a Mac as my one and only computer and rely on it to run everything I wanted to run, I'd be a very unhappy camper. Actually that's not true. I'd be just fine. But I'd have to install Windows via bootcamp and use it primarily as a Windows box. And if you're going to do that, what's the point? As it is, if my Macbook broke tomorrow, I could buy a $200 netbook running Linux and be just as happy with the result for all that I ask of it.

:argue: oh I see you like waffle house. Let me tell you why you are so wrong and IHOP is better...
See how wrong you were; what you personally like doesn't count because of what I think matters.
You would be happier in life if you liked what what I told you to like. Put your own personal tastes aside and step away from the waffle.
See I have never tried waffle house but come on, COME ON!, waffles? You are just being trendy, admit it.

Come on. :guns::soapbox:

Microsoft used Apple computers to do their programming for the XboX360...
I am pretty sure no one at Apple uses Windows. Just Saying.

Don't make an opinion until you try one. This site was built upon one... I believe...

I also have quite an extensive video/music production business built upon one. :) Just sayin'

RD

Bought one, tried it, and regreted it. It just sits now. My PC that I built (for $700) is way faster than the mac I spent $2000 on.

Think Corvette, fast, looks nice and costs about $60-$80k. Now think Caddy XLR, same car really, but $80-$100k. They are not bad computers, but they are overpriced, and do the same stuff that a PC will do.

Mac do have their advantages (video/sound editing). And there are places where PC's have advantages (everyone knows how to use it, way more stuff availible for them/etc./etc./etc.). Ever notice how a Mac's OS mimics a windows OS? And there user inserface looks almost identical?

Yeah, usually. And the reality is, they both steal ideas from each other constantly and have done so since day one. IOW, its a fight that neither side ever wins.

This is true. You should see the fights that crop up now and then on Mac forums. Waste of time.

I just loaded FF for Mac today and you really cannot tell any outward difference. Use FF for what you need and then go back to Safari if you desire. It's a pretty simple solution.

I have to use Firefox for some apps, but not many. From an end user perspective, they're all about the same to me, but I certainly wouldn't pay Microsoft royalties for compatibility with their proprietary webkit either. That's about as cheesy as FrontPage extensions.

Nah, they're selling pretty good so the price isn't all that bad! :)

True 'dat!

I believe overpriced is when the product isn't selling anymore... Every time I make a trip to the Apple Store... I see plenty of laptops/desktops being carried out the door.... not too mention who knows what all they're selling in that online store.

RD

If you like Mac, use a Mac.

If you like Windows, use a Windows machine.

Is it really that hard? :confused: Why all the bickering?

Back