Recent Boom in applicants?

Tangodelta29

I'm really naive about the status of the hiring situation right now. I mean are there a ton of people applying now that there are Public announcements?

It seems like they needed controllers really bad and have this great long term plan set up, but with so many people applying, is the need for more going to remain, or should we expect a time where the FAA is not desperate for new controllers soon?

4-5 years in the future? Any thoughts?

I'm really naive about the status of the hiring situation right now. I mean are there a ton of people applying now that there are Public announcements?

It seems like they needed controllers really bad and have this great long term plan set up, but with so many people applying, is the need for more going to remain, or should we expect a time where the FAA is not desperate for new controllers soon?

4-5 years in the future? Any thoughts?
Someone from the FAA told our class there will be 17,000 new hires in the next 10 years. First hand from a SUP at the MMAC.

well, considering the maximum age is 55 and controllers are eligible to retire after 20 yrs, appx every 10-15 years there is a 50% turn-over rate in the profession...It is especially bad now because of all the reagan-era hirees (post-PATCO strike) are retiring.

Try to google: FAA hiring plan

It will bring up some really interesting studies done by the FAA, their goals, and how they plan on obtaining those goals in regards to ATCS workforce.:insane:

UTAMAv:bandit:

Back