Regional Airline Academy

Seggy

Anyone on here go to the RAA? I might have a few questions about someone that used to work there for four years. Any thoughts about the school in general?

Thank you!

I talk to someone that went there at least once a week. You can PM me if you want me to ask him.

A lot of people lost a lot of money to RAA. Their final incarnation in Florida had some... ahem... "lovely" looking aircraft, even by the standards around here. I had one student who did some training there and he had naught nice to say about it.

Also, :pop:

Anyone on here go to the RAA? I might have a few questions about someone that used to work there for four years. Any thoughts about the school in general?

Thank you!

I was there for a few years, probaly will not talk bad about anyone.(not my way) Who are asking about? Send a message if you do not want to post online.

Anyone else on this form that actually went to or worked at RAA?

I live nearby, and would love to get back to CFI'ing but I am thinking it would be immoral to go work for that type of outfit. (I was at Orlando's Airline Training Academy and got ripped off--so I can't do that to some student)

Maybe I am wrong, but I think I am right.

Mmm, popcorn!

:popcorn:

I had an instrument student that did his private there, he thought the place was awesome.

Too bad he was about the worst pilot I ever flew with.

I only flew with him 2-3 times till he put a Katana in the mud on a solo cross country.

Didn't do a flight plan; didn't check to see how much fuel he had before takeoff, didn't know how much he would need , or how long the route would take.

I was there for a few years, probaly will not talk bad about anyone.(not my way) Who are asking about? Send a message if you do not want to post online.

Anyone else on this form that actually went to or worked at RAA?

I was a CFI in Daytona, living in Deland - and the 3 apartments around me had RAA students - who I ended up tutoring because the RAA program wasn't suficient enough for the students to learn well - so yes, my popcorn is from experience even though I didn't technically work there. I still ended up teaching their students.

Anyone interested in what I think of their students and operation can use the search function to find out how I really feel.

I had an instrument student that did his private there, he thought the place was awesome.

Too bad he was about the worst pilot I ever flew with.

I only flew with him 2-3 times till he put a Katana in the mud on a solo cross country.

Didn't do a flight plan; didn't check to see how much fuel he had before takeoff, didn't know how much he would need , or how long the route would take.

that would sum up the quality sutdent i saw produced there too

Back