JC & networking works!

chunk75

Just a quick public note to Doug to say thanks for JetCareers. I just started a very hard to get position that I probably wouldn't have gotten but for friends that I made here on JC! It's all about networking and preparing yourself to take advantage of opportunities as they come along.

Gotta pay it forward!

Chunk

Just a quick public note to Doug to say thanks for JetCareers. I just started a very hard to get position that I probably wouldn't have gotten but for friends that I made here on JC! It's all about networking and preparing yourself to take advantage of opportunities as they come along.

Gotta pay it forward!

Chunk
Mikecweb has been very helpful in getting my name in for a job.

Thanks Love!;)

Chunk! where ya been? Looks like those kiddo's of yours are growing like weeds!! are those the latest photos?

Glad to hear the mission behind the website is still working for you! What job did you get? :)

btw.. will you be able to make it out to NJC finally this year?

Gotta pay it forward!

Chunk

Networking does indeed pay off!! I, and countless others wouldn't be where we're at right now without this site. It's a great tool!

Congrats on the job any enjoy it! :beer:

Yes, it does help and is very refreshing to have a support group when things arent so good. I had some great JC folks putting in good words for me at Colgan and keeping me updated on new job openings. :beer:

I think Frog_Flyer might owe Doug a beer or two as well ;).

(hey Rag, if you're reading this, you must have your Talon memorized :rotfl:)

OMG, Chunk is that really you?!

Where the heck ya been!

Networking is important. Mmmmkay? (Right, Tony? :D )

Chunk! where ya been? Looks like those kiddo's of yours are growing like weeds!! are those the latest photos?

Glad to hear the mission behind the website is still working for you! What job did you get? :)

btw.. will you be able to make it out to NJC finally this year?

That's an old pic...I'll update it. I just started as an Aviation Enforcement Officer with Customs Air & Marine. It's a backseater gig, but I'm hoping to parlay it into a pilot slot. It's the same agency MikeD is with.

I met Veronaut here on JC and became very good friends. We were both at FSI when a stan/eval pilot from Customs came to FSI for an add-on rating which got me thinking along those lines. Veronaut maintained contact with him who helped me along and gave great advice during the hiring process.

Another JCer and I toured the very office I got hired at seven years later...that was arranged by a different contact I made at FSI who was ERAU classmates with an agent.

It's all about networking!

Chunk

Yes, thank you Doug for JC. I feel very fortunte to have stumbled across this site when I did. And thank you to all the JCer's who have offered me their insight. Through this forum I have found so much guidance and some friendships that I know will last a lifetime.

Mikecweb has been very helpful in getting my name in for a job.

Thanks Love!;)
And who helped try and get your mom off the corner and back in the air?:bandit:

I'm pretty new here so most of the people I know on this site I met at a site that went South, regardless, Doug runs an awesome site and I'm glad to be a part of it.

And who helped try and get your mom off the corner and back in the air?:bandit:

I'm pretty new here so most of the people I know on this site I met at a site that went South, regardless, Doug runs an awesome site and I'm glad to be a part of it.
yeah, yeah

:insane:

thanks

Back