Nasa asrs

Bandit_Driver

Gold Member
Just got a call today from a guy claiming to be from NASA and seeking further info about one of my reports. However, when I asked for a number to call him back he only gave me his direct line, which I am leary of calling.

The number is 408-541-xxxx and came up with another companies name in the caller ID. Which he stated is the company that NASA has contracted to handle the reports.

All of this sounds a bit fishy to me. Does anyone have a main number for the ASRS system?

One of my instructors at school just retired from NASA and he said they handle that directly. But things could have changed within the passed year. I would definitely look into it as that sounds a little shady.

Yeah, that's the only thing I could find for a contact point with them as well.

I was contacted a while back about a NASA I had filed. I can't remember if it was NASA or a contract but one has to wonder... who would have access to the filing and the file number except NASA or a contract?

It used to be contracted out to Bechtel. I don't know if that has changed, or if Bechtel's name has changed.

Just make sure you don't spill the beans to the FAA, I got tricked into doing that and now I've got a violation on my record. :banghead:

Just make sure you don't spill the beans to the FAA, I got tricked into doing that and now I've got a violation on my record. :banghead:

This is a story, if you don't mind telling, that I'd like to hear. Sound like something from which we all could learn.

Ok, I contacted ASRS and received the following today. Everything appears to be legit. Below is the letter I received from NASA.GOV. I have removed his personal email and contact information. The general number for the ASRS inspectors is below.

Dear XXXXX,

Yes, Booz Allen is the contractor for the NASA Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS), assuming that role from the previous contractor, Battelle Memorial Institute, in 2005. Excepting the NASA/ASRS Director, Ms. Linda Connell, all personnel working for ASRS are Booz Allen or their subcontractors.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me by E-mail or phone.

Best regards,

Captain Charles R. Drew
ASRS Program Manager
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
NASA's Aviation Safety Reporting System

(408) 541-2800 [Office, general number]

http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov

I may be paranoid here, but now that we have a general office number I would recommend anyone that is called about an ASRS report to get the inspectors name and call the main number back.

It would be easy for the news, FAA, or other interested party to spoof a caller ID.

Back