Interview set up at Mesa Airlines. What can I expect?

Just plan on a lot of guys setting things up for you ahead of time. You get your brief, then recheck all the weather. Look at some big screens. Watch the blips land, then come the writeup calls on 1/4 of them. 1/2 are fixed and the rest are differed. Once a week a captain will refuse a flight then your inflight manager with get in the action. Before the end of your shift you'll set up a lot of stuff for the next guy and brief him. Day ends...

repeat.

Be advised, the majority of pilots I've run into at that company do like their jobs. The majority of pilots I've run into outside of Mesa, hate Mesa management and dislike the pilots at Mesa for taking such low wages.

The sooner you liken pilots at regionals to competing high schools the more it will make sense.

BTW: If dispatchers are treated like pilots at that company, I'd suggest using the interview for practice and thats about it.

well gee wiz, I take it you had a bad experience with them? I have no experience, so i have to get it somewhere.

NO.. I was not dumb enough to work for them. However some of my friends were, out of 8 of them, 1 only works there by choice still, the others left LONG time ago for "greener" pastures.

NO.. I was not dumb enough to work for them. However some of my friends were, out of 8 of them, 1 only works there by choice still, the others left LONG time ago for "greener" pastures.

Well, that is all fine and dandy. I am a new dispatcher and need to get some experience, so I am going to take the job if it is offered to me.

Well, that is all fine and dandy. I am a new dispatcher and need to get some experience, so I am going to take the job if it is offered to me.

I worked there also. It sucked, but I have to admit it was pretty good experience. If you do get an offer and accept a job there, get a few months under your belt if you get hired and start applying at better regionals...ExpressJet, SkyWest, ASA, etc. Avoid long-term apartment leases.

It's been a long time since I worked there...but I don't think things have changed too much. Any dispatch job you get after Mesa will make you appreciate how disorganized and chaotic the office there was.

I interviewed with them two months ago. Be ready to take a test 10-20 questions, (I can't remember) on basic stuff that should be fresh in your mind from the ADX and do your homework on the company (Try to point out some good things about Mesa). Also, be ready to meet dispatchers from the big boys. I met a dispatcher from American that had taken the early out and was just using Mesa to supplement his income along with the benefits. Thats about all I can tell you I did. If you have any questions on about what they told me about their SOC just PM me.

Good Luck

mission!

Just plan on a lot of guys setting things up for you ahead of time. You get your brief, then recheck all the weather. Look at some big screens. Watch the blips land, then come the writeup calls on 1/4 of them. 1/2 are fixed and the rest are differed. Once a week a captain will refuse a flight then your inflight manager with get in the action. Before the end of your shift you'll set up a lot of stuff for the next guy and brief him. Day ends...

repeat.

Be advised, the majority of pilots I've run into at that company do like their jobs. The majority of pilots I've run into outside of Mesa, hate Mesa management and dislike the pilots at Mesa for taking such low wages.

The sooner you liken pilots at regionals to competing high schools the more it will make sense.

BTW: If dispatchers are treated like pilots at that company, I'd suggest using the interview for practice and thats about it.

Tell me about it. I went to an open interview for their ramp here in PHX. Can you believe that the starting wage is only $7.50 an hour and they charge you a $75 yearly membership fee to non-rev with them plus an additional $50 for spouses and other family members. After hearing that BS, I walk out and told them thanks but no thanks. Nobody can live off those wages in this area, I know I can't.:mad:

I interviewed with them two months ago. Be ready to take a test 10-20 questions, (I can't remember) on basic stuff that should be fresh in your mind from the ADX and do your homework on the company (Try to point out some good things about Mesa). Also, be ready to meet dispatchers from the big boys. I met a dispatcher from American that had taken the early out and was just using Mesa to supplement his income along with the benefits. Thats about all I can tell you I did. If you have any questions on about what they told me about their SOC just PM me.

Good Luck

mission!

So did you get offered the job?

Back