ATC Hiring Breakdown from 2009 Workforce Plan

HAHAHA!

This is my favorite part so far

"In January 2006,the FAA centralized the controller hiring process —streamlining it — while enabling individual facilities to identify vacancies and select prospective new controllers as much as one year in advance."
Up to a year in advance? To bad everyone knows that except for the new controller.

"The FAA has conducted six PEPCs in FY 2009 and expects to conduct seven more by the end of the fiscal year."

Oh really? Do tell

2008 hiring breakdown from the 2009 Controller Workforce Plan update.
http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/controller_staffing/media/CWP_2009.pdf

So what does this mean for me if I am waiting for a FOL for LGB airport? It shows that LGB has a total staff of 27 as of 9/26/08, and it shows the high end of the staffing range as 22. Is this why I was told I would be put "on hold" until fiscal year 2010? Does it mean that 5 or 6 people have to leave LGB before they will bring me on board?

So what does this mean for me if I am waiting for a FOL for LGB airport? It shows that LGB has a total staff of 27 as of 9/26/08, and it shows the high end of the staffing range as 22. Is this why I was told I would be put "on hold" until fiscal year 2010? Does it mean that 5 or 6 people have to leave LGB before they will bring me on board?

My guess is that the FAA's numbers are a tad bit fuzzy and that you wouldn't have gotten selected for that location had they not had a need. Just my $.02

Just because they currently have more people than they need, doesn't mean anything. For all we know, 10-15 of those people could be eligible for retirement in the next couple of years and they are going to need to have developmentals trained and ready to replace them.

Back