AIM Chat for Remember 3407 TODAY 12:30

Firebird2XC

Today at 12:30 Central Time, join Firebird2XC and Ready2Fly in the AIM chat room: jetcareers to discuss the goals and objectives for

Remember3407.

Please join us. :)

When it is all said and done, do you mind posting the "highlights" of the chat?

Meeting highlights are forthcoming.

Stan took notes, I copied the entire dialogue.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCharlie%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1350595606; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:-1837977892 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-start-at:5; mso-level-tab-stop:.25in; mso-level-number-position:left; margin-left:.25in; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
GOALS<o></o>
<o></o>
1. Requiring rest requirments to be amended to show "behind the door" or longer required rest per 24 hour period......<o></o>
<o></o>
2. Changing the grievance policies to make sure no pilot is punished for fatigue.....<o></o>
and define "Fatigue" as a federally protected right.<o></o>
<o></o>
3. A minimum wage for entry level Part 121 FO's (19 seat turboprop at 70 hours guarantee) of $45K.

4. Raising the miminums for Part 121 hiring to ATP minimums (not necessary to hold an ATP cert).

<!--[if !supportLists]-->
<!--[endif]-->Legislation to outlaw the Pay for Job (paying to get into the right seat) programs...such as Gulfstream, et al ....<o>></o>
<!--[endif]-->Require clearer identification of Regional Affiliate operations and also
<o></o>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->7.<!--[endif]-->If new restructured, reassigned or cancelled flying is planned, labor must have 90 days to review before implementation. If dispute as per contract Scope arises, the change is frozen until dispute is settled in court. Noncompliance penalty of $10,000/day for the companies involved.<o>></o>
<o></o>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->8.<!--[endif]--> Changing the Railway Labor Agreement so the National Mediation Board can't block a strike. proper bargaining leverage has been denied to pilots for years. <o></o>
<o></o>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->9.<!--[endif]--> Whipsaw prevention and Contract Violation protection is also a concern. Willcontract violations, like Scope violation (which is a contract issue) need to have enforceable penalties to discourage random overruns.<o></o>
<!--[endif]--> possibilities of language such as "a carrier with pilots on furlough may not transfer flying to another carrier by contract using airplanes with more or less than 30 seats of the airplanes flown by the original carrier."

so, what's our next step?

Codification.

In other words, find the legal documents these topics need to be inserted into, and write them to modify that text.

In the meantime, we keep public opinion focused on the issue and get them to write their elected officials.

I lurked in that chat session and I thought it was well organized and insightful. I know I learned a few things.

Charlie - you're a good man for spearheading this effort. I hear chicks find passionate men attractive...

I lurked in that chat session and I thought it was well organized and insightful. I know I learned a few things.

Charlie - you're a good man for spearheading this effort. I hear chicks find passionate men attractive...

Thanks.

As far as the chicks go, I live in Dallas dude. Passion is no compensation for an empty wallet.

Fortunately, if this works, I won't have an empty wallet anymore.

Don't forget Stan. I'm a good portion of the piss and vinegar- he's the really organizing element of things.

Back