Circle to Land not authorized

Sidious

My school operates Frasca Mentor ATDs for instrument training and the topic of what could be done or not done in the sim was raised. I know the chart in the back of the instrument PTS spells this out however that is for FTDs and not ATDs. Does it make a difference?

I've always heard that circling approaches can only be done in the sim however I cant find a reference.

The PTS has "Task D, Circling Approach, is applicable only to the airplane category." However I see that as, its not applicable to the Helicopter or Airship category... etc

Is that the reference that is always cited?

Thanks

My school operates Frasca Mentor ATDs for instrument training and the topic of what could be done or not done in the sim was raised. I know the chart in the back of the instrument PTS spells this out however that is for FTDs and not ATDs. Does it make a difference?

I've always heard that circling approaches can only be done in the sim however I cant find a reference.

The PTS has "Task D, Circling Approach, is applicable only to the airplane category." However I see that as, its not applicable to the Helicopter or Airship category... etc

Is that the reference that is always cited?

Thanks

Look at the back of your instrument PTS. It will list what you can and can not do in a FTD/Sim depending on the level of FTD/Sim on the check ride. Also should list the IPC stuff as well.

Back