Any FBO's in NJ hiring?

JA Yawd Bwoy

I am soon about to be 18 and I want to work on the tarmac and hopefully network as much as possible so does anyone know any FBO's preferably some at TEB that are hiring and if they are worth the trouble of applying.

I am soon about to be 18 and I want to work on the tarmac and hopefully network as much as possible so does anyone know any FBO's preferably some at TEB that are hiring and if they are worth the trouble of applying.

You wont know unless you walk in and introduce yourself. Hunting for those jobs on here wont help you much. In person with resume, a decent polo shirt and a nice pair of dockers is they way to go.

Good Luck
B.C.

One where you can network with other pilots and actually get payed on time...:rolleyes:

If at all....

Try looking at XOJet, they might have a job posting. I'd doubt they would be hiring but it is worth a shot to get your name there. Call up Dassault Falcon Jet, ask to talk to HR. Walk in to Meridian, Atlantic, Signature or any other of the FBOs on field. The job won't come to you, you have to go get it.

One where you can network with other pilots and actually get payed on time...:rolleyes:
I used to at Midlantic at ACY. There were always plenty of charter guys to network with and getting paid on time was never once an issue. Getting paid a wage you could live off of is a different story but never a problem with getting the check on time.

I used to at Midlantic at ACY. There were always plenty of charter guys to network with and getting paid on time was never once an issue. Getting paid a wage you could live off of is a different story but never a problem with getting the check on time.

I am only 17/18 and I live with my parents haha, I don't need to start out at 20 per hour, yet!:panic:

If at all....

Try looking at XOJet, they might have a job posting. I'd doubt they would be hiring but it is worth a shot to get your name there. Call up Dassault Falcon Jet, ask to talk to HR. Walk in to Meridian, Atlantic, Signature or any other of the FBOs on field. The job won't come to you, you have to go get it.

What could I do for Dassault or XO?

I am only 17/18 and I live with my parents haha, I don't need to start out at 20 per hour, yet!:panic:
Well Midlantic is almost always hiring which probably makes it a good canidate for you. You'll learn ramp work and get some valuable experience. And most importantly, you'll learn at an early age why its better to stay away from companies that are 'always hiring'. :sarcasm:

Send me a PM if want the info about who to see when you apply with them and/or what to expect from them.

Well Midlantic is almost always hiring which probably makes it a good canidate for you. You'll learn ramp work and get some valuable experience. And most importantly, you'll learn at an early age why its better to stay away from companies that are 'always hiring'. :sarcasm:

Send me a PM if want the info about who to see when you apply with them and/or what to expect from them.

Thanks! Btw what kind of flying do you do now?

What could I do for Dassault or XO?

Dassault might be full service up there, I'm not sure. It is where I am.

XOJet:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Line Technician/Detailer</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 160px;" class="nowrapFormLabel" valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Location:</td> <td class="formFieldNormal" colspan="1" valign="top" width="100%">All Locations</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 160px;" class="nowrapFormLabel" valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Job Code:</td> <td class="formFieldNormal" colspan="1" valign="top" width="100%">37</td> </tr> <tr> </tr><tr><td colspan="2"><hr size="1" width="100%" color="silver"></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2">Description</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2">
Line Technician/Detailer
Sacramento, CA

Degree(s), Certification, Professional Training or Skills Required:

• Previous experience as Line Technician or Detailer
  • High School Graduate

Job Description:

• Will marshal aircraft to parking, chock aircraft, tow aircraft into and out of hangar.
  • Line Technician will service lavatory upon arrival and maintain the lavatory cart in serviceable condition.
  • Perform aircraft detailer, cleaning and restocking to meet XOJET, Inc. quality standards when the aircraft returns from a flight.
  • Line Technician will maintain a stock of cleaning supplies and be familiar with their use and proper handling.
  • Ensure all labor and materials used are allocated for complete and proper billing.
  • Line Technician will perform local parts and shuttle runs when required during shift.
  • Will maintain shop equipment and facility appearance.
  • Assist Technicians when required.
  • Keep the Shift Supervisor advised at all times on the progress of assignments and any problems encountered with the assigned task.
  • Will keep work area and equipment clean and in proper working order.
  • Clean up job site following completion of a task.
  • Will use proper safety techniques and equipment at all times.
  • All job requirements will be performed in a safe and workmanlike manner.

Experience Desired:

• Minimum 3-5 years previous experience as line technician or aircraft detailer.

A successful person in this position is one who…will operate safely with a strong sense of urgency.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Basically you would be working mostly with their fleet, not so much transient aircraft. Don't be intimidated, go out and get it!
<table width="464" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" height="132"><tbody> <tr> </tr><tr><td colspan="2">
</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td colspan="2">
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Back