DA42-L360 at KCPS

dahhcon

Here's a few pics of Diamond's new DA42 with the Lycomings. Diamond flew it in for the NIFA SAFECON competition at KCPS. The school I attend is waiting to take delivery of two of these aircraft, which should arrive in late March 2009.:D

131da.jpg

131db.jpg

131dc.jpg

131dd.jpg

3024.jpg

Just departed 30R
1021.jpg

Right downwind for 30R
1041.jpg

Final
1049.jpg

1057.jpg

Thats it

late 2009 eh? looks fun! I did my multi in the 42 when they were spankin new. one of them had like 1 hour on the hobbs. went for 165 an hour too

Diamond's test pilot for that DA42 has been here this week. Here are some interesting tidbits about the new airplane:
-It will do about 1800 fpm after takeoff
-It will do about 1300 fpm at 120 knots indicated at low altitude
-It will do about 500 fpm on one engine
-Rudder force at Vmc is very close to the certification maximum (150 lbs)
-Though it is not turbocharged, it will do about 500 fpm up at 10,000 feet

Diamond's test pilot for that DA42 has been here this week. Here are some interesting tidbits about the new airplane:
-It will do about 1800 fpm after takeoff
-It will do about 1300 fpm at 120 knots indicated at low altitude
-It will do about 500 fpm on one engine
-Rudder force at Vmc is very close to the certification maximum (150 lbs)
-Though it is not turbocharged, it will do about 500 fpm up at 10,000 feet

Ask him how that Fadec is doing? Still shutting down both engines when it gets flumixed?

NO FADEC!!!!
Glory hallelujah.
Or were you asking about the old Thielerts?

Seems this would make a better trainer. FADEC (when it works) has its place and time, but having the engine do everything on its own seems a little too easy for training.

I did my training at KALN at Langa Air. I had a great time up there, and unfortunately didn't get to finish before I had to move back home and get married.

Back