Utah Valley University?

future pilot

Well as you guys know, I am currently looking for colleges. Today i stubled across Utah Valley University. Just wanted to ask if anyone has attended, Or is currentley attending the university. Or if anyone knows someone who has gone through their flight program. If you could just give me any reviews on their program. Good or bad.

Utah Valley State College I think, no?
You can do it in residence and also they have a distance learning program with an approved flight school for the flying courses credit. Two different animals. Suggest you go to their website and get a basic overview of their program.

Utah Valley State College I think, no?
You can do it in residence and also they have a distance learning program with an approved flight school for the flying courses credit. Two different animals. Suggest you go to their website and get a basic overview of their program.

That's what it used to be...they changed to UVU last year. I know a few people who did their degree online with them and had no complaints.

Well as you guys know, I am currently looking for colleges. Today i stubled across Utah Valley University. Just wanted to ask if anyone has attended, Or is currentley attending the university. Or if anyone knows someone who has gone through their flight program. If you could just give me any reviews on their program. Good or bad.

I'm a current student there. No complaints here. Online program works great for me because of work. School is relatively easy to deal with as well.

I would recommend UVU if you were 25 years old and had a cush job at an airline. You could do the program online and keep ur job.

Since I know you're not 25... I recommend a fun state school, non-aviation related.

You probably hate hearing the "go to a non-avit college and fly on the side" comments... I hated hearing them too. Now I regret hating those comments. :)

Good school. Great staff. Accredited (nationally and regionally). If you are going to go in-state then no. If you are going to live out of state then yes it is a good program and the flexibility of an online degree. You flight train where you want.

I would advise against getting a degree in Aviation! Go to a local or in-state college or University and get a degree in something other than Aviation and do your flying on the side.

When I was instructing, I had a student do the online UVU program, and he had to have certain lessons completed at a certain time, otherwise he would have failed the course. Problem was, he didn't start right when he was suppose to and was never able to fly 2-3 times a week. This was a couple of years ago, maybe it has changed...

I would advise against getting a degree in Aviation! Go to a local or in-state college or University and get a degree in something other than Aviation and do your flying on the side.

When I was instructing, I had a student do the online UVU program, and he had to have certain lessons completed at a certain time, otherwise he would have failed the course. Problem was, he didn't start right when he was suppose to and was never able to fly 2-3 times a week. This was a couple of years ago, maybe it has changed...

They've changed a lot of the courses now, to where you must submit proof of a rating/certificate before taking classes like, Instrument Flight, Commercial Flight, etc.

I can only speak for myself...the program sucked. But then I'm not totally sure it was the progrma vs an internet program matching my style of learning.

I much prefer being an actual student and actually going to a physical class. But, maybe that's just me.

My only other real gripe was that the year that I went there they returned my monies back to the grantor twice. And as such I didn't get my monies and be able to actually log on to class until 3 weeks to a month before the end of the semester. That sucked!

The classes were pretty easy, and the test were dumb. There was no time limit and you could revisit the test unlimited amounts of time. So, (basically) you just copy and past and could come back later and simply fill in the answers..

I strongly suggest not going to their online program, unless it's changed. Hell I still suggest not attending online. If you're dead set on an aviation degree, attend their main campus. You get far, far more money for flying if you do, vs if you attend online.

I took a few online courses. Stopped becaue I realized I wasn't learning much felt the onset of a useless degree on the horizon. But that is my take, your passion for aviation may be greater than mine thus making your experience better.

A friend just started online. If you already have your ratings, online UVU may be a good way to go. If you don't have them, online looks to be a pain in the arse. If you're looking for regular aviation university to attend on campus UVU looks to be as good as most the others.

ERAU excluded of course:D

I know a couple guys that are physically at the school; one is an instructor there and another is a student. Independently, they both have told me about the program there and, just from an outsider, it sounds like they run a tight ship there. they both enjoy being there and their planes are in good shape. They have some diamond twin stars, a few da-40s and a million and a half da-20s. just keep your eyes open in the pattern at provo!

I would recommend UVU if you were 25 years old and had a cush job at an airline. You could do the program online and keep ur job.

Since I know you're not 25... I recommend a fun state school, non-aviation related.

You probably hate hearing the "go to a non-avit college and fly on the side" comments... I hated hearing them too. Now I regret hating those comments. :)

:yeahthat:

Back