Fill me in?

DC10FlyBy

Why are there so many more posts in the UND section than any other school? Why does everyone tell me i should look into or go to UND? What's the big fuss about being up in the Arctic flying half frozen over airplanes? :p

On a serious note, why?
Is it just because there are coincidentally more UND alumni/current students on here, or what?

Fill me in, thanks!

Well, we just got them internets up here in NoDak, so people really want to try em out.

On a serious note, maybe it is because a lot of people have opinions on the program.
Personally, I think it is a great program and I have made a lot of good friends. One of the advantages of flying when it is so cold is that it usually is a nice day when not cloudy. Disadvantage: you have to wear layers like the Michelin Man to stay warm.

its because the school/environment really polarizes people (pun intended).

so people are always eager to rant or rave.

because we're all too broke paying back our student loans to do anything else but complain about all the money they took from us.

paying them back is optional, dude.
Laughing_hard.gif

Paying them back may not be an option but at least people get to hear what UND folks have to say (both bad and good) about the program before they drop a hundred large into something they might not really want to do.... it was competitive to actually get in when I started school there.... now I hear they let anyone willing to spend the money in.... just goes to show the effect of the economy and people realizing there really isn't a huge paycheck awaiting them at the end of school.

Paying them back may not be an option but at least people get to hear what UND folks have to say (both bad and good) about the program before they drop a hundred large into something they might not really want to do.... it was competitive to actually get in when I started school there.... now I hear they let anyone willing to spend the money in.... just goes to show the effect of the economy and people realizing there really isn't a huge paycheck awaiting them at the end of school.

Don't know when you went, but I was there in the late 90's/early 2k's and it was far from competitive :laff:

It's because it's so FREAKIN cold 10 months out of the year, that nobody wants to go outside... so they sit on JC and post instead!

Back