It was a matter of time...

kiloalpha

My couriers informed me yesterday that their last day is May 31st. That's when the banks go digital. Just great. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Definitely a bad day for a freight dawg but if it's any consolation i've heard that same news 4 times now and i'm still hauling boxes....err cans of nuclear something.

The rumors (even payroll rumors) are only accurate maybe 75% of the time. Sure, more than likely, you'll be out on your ass, but on the other hand, you might not be. I can attest personally that a lot supposed Fed Check Clearing closures did not happen on time. Either way, you're in the Order now. We take care of our own when we can. Best of luck.

Sorry to hear this man.

What are you looking at doing now?

Well, not sure. CASW is supposed to be getting some paperwork through with the feds to do fly more things, but not sure when that will happen.

What happened? I thought CASW was hiring!?! Damn, how quickly things change...

CASW was hiring, though for their new routes, and apparently the bank just told the couriers (3 different couriers/cities) that they won't be needed after May 31st. So I'm not sure what's going to happen. I really don't want to move to an outstation. That would suck, unless I was flying for Keylime.

Rumor mill is getting started up again. Sounds like I may be back in the on-demand business soon. Speaking of which, how are you Amflight guys doing with on-demand these days? Business finally getting better?

Rumor mill is getting started up again. Sounds like I may be back in the on-demand business soon. Speaking of which, how are you Amflight guys doing with on-demand these days? Business finally getting better?
Your mom demanded I get on her...

I got nothing.

Ouch.

Freight runs are NEVER safe, some last a while, some not. Good luck with all.

We're slowly getting back into On-Demand I believe. It won't be on the level it used to be on though.

No idea. The rumor is they're talking about accelerating the closing of the ATL check clearing center and moving it all to CLE (or BKL, more precisely). I've heard that it's almost a done deal and that there's no way in hell and everything in between. Just getting my freakout started early...:D

Sorry to hear that. I can tell you that the number of pilots as well as the number of runs have been cut in half since I started working at at Ram Air in December 2006. Best of luck to you.

on-demand is super slow. Three companies i know of either folded, parked airplanes or just found other biz for the airplanes.

My CP informed me today that the bank isn't cutting all check flying but just half a route, which means I'll be on layover longer at CPS. Not that bad, but the 5 hours flying on a 8 hour duty day was good, especially for the IOE people.

Glad your luck was better than mine. I will enjoy the dubious pleasure of joining Obama's Orphans (just kidding, put down the knives) come July 1st. Dear God, please just don't let me wind up flying passengers.

Back