Music makes war seem so peaceful.

Revolting. A technopop song about breakups dubbed over a video of people dying.

Taken out of context, the true nature of anything can be made 'peaceful'.

I recently saw a movie where a guy breaking up with his girlfriend is played in slow motion with 'Ave Maria' playing. It shows his personal point of view as she shatters a coffee mug against his forehead.

Peaceful, I tell you, peaceful.

War is not beautiful, nor is the shallow understanding of those who have never been there.

darrenf music added by someone who has never pulled a trigger most likely.

Revolting. A technopop song about breakups dubbed over a video of people dying.

Taken out of context, the true nature of anything can be made 'peaceful'.

I recently saw a movie where a guy breaking up with his girlfriend is played in slow motion with 'Ave Maria' playing. It shows his personal point of view as she shatters a coffee mug against his forehead.

Peaceful, I tell you, peaceful.

War is not beautiful, nor is the shallow understanding of those who have never been there.

In case you guys missed it, my title was sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Having just returned from Normandy visit on a 72hr CDG layover, it is a place which today is indeed peaceful and serene........fitting with the above music.

And we can thank the thousands of heroes who fought and died in order to make it that way.

The D-Day beaches and cemetary are a must see for those who have not yet been.

War... ugh... what is it good for? Absolutely nothing... Say it again yeah!!
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/41cJUliIuH0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/41cJUliIuH0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

<--- Drive by you tuber.

Now, a peaceful relaxing song about war.

The melody was actually written for the "violent scene" of a movie, then turned into this song, and put on the Dark Side album.

[YT]iJJJ7ec1eAo[/YT]

I actually think the juxtaposition of the music against such a scene is a common film technique to accentuate the emotions aroused by watching it. I could be wrong though.

I actually think the juxtaposition of the music against such a scene is a common film technique to accentuate the emotions aroused by watching it. I could be wrong though.

That's the point. The emotions being accentuated here are trivial, small, and fleeting.

The real thing is .. well.. more complicated.

The emotions that you feel could very well be different from someone else's....I actually thought it highlighted the atrocity of war "well" for lack of a better term. Emotions are quite relative. It depends how you interpret the music, and quite frankly I think anything can be interpreted a myriad of ways. I think it is understood that "the real thing" is far more complicated than a 4 minute YT video from some film student or whoever.

Having just returned from Normandy visit on a 72hr CDG layover, it is a place which today is indeed peaceful and serene........fitting with the above music.

And we can thank the thousands of heroes who fought and died in order to make it that way.

The D-Day beaches and cemetary are a must see for those who have not yet been.
No kidding. The American Cemetery there is probably the most peaceful place I have ever been

Back