How It's Made: Aircraft Propeller

bdhill1979

Gone West
I searched to see if this had been posted yet, but couldn't find it. I learned a few things about prop hubs from watching this.

Skip ahead to 1:45, the video includes part of the previous segment of the show, but it was the best one I can find.

[YT]3CmNz2nJ444[/YT]

Those Brits: always adding syllables to words. airplanes = aeroplanes. Aluminum = Al you min e um.

Jackarses.

^^^ get it?! (not a syllable, but comon.)

Those Brits: always adding syllables to words. airplanes = aeroplanes. Aluminum = Al you min e um.

Jackarses.

^^^ get it?! (not a syllable, but comon.)
Yeah the one one the discovery channel was in Canadian, but could not find that one on you tube, at least its better than Brit improper pronunciation :D

I searched to see if this had been posted yet, but couldn't find it. I learned a few things about prop hubs from watching this.

Skip ahead to 1:45, the video includes part of the previous segment of the show, but it was the best one I can find.

[YT]3CmNz2nJ444[/YT]

Nice video. Thanks for the post.

I remember one DPE who would always ask what the propeller was built on in this case it was a hartzell. He always got upset if you didn't remember the little badge that says "built on honor".

I remember one DPE who would always ask what the propeller was built on in this case it was a hartzell. He always got upset if you didn't remember the little badge that says "built on honor".

Wow...

And to think of the Hartzell equipped airplanes I flew that were missing the badge too...

logo-hartzell.jpg

What is odd is I have had some that peeled off after only a 100 hours or so, and at the same time, have some that were completely intact when the prop was removed for overhaul.
we have one blade out of the three that still has the sticker on, and that one is holding on tight.

Back