Acutal time...

PGT

...is not that great.

All winter I have been waiting for a chance to get some actual IMC time, well I got .8 of it today and it wasn't all that great. I prefer CAVU anyday. However, once I got above the layer it was such a beautiful sight :)

My point:
actual sucks
on top rocks!

When everyone on the ground is bummed about an overcast rainy day, and you climb above all the crap and get to see the sunrise, it's a truly amazing sight.

I once flew 7 hours in the Saab and it was all actual except for the taxi. Alot of work that day. It is definately nice being in the the jet now as you can climb out of the weather and get some sun.

Noob. You don't know what you're talking about. Actual rocks.

...kidding, kidding. Well slightly. Actual IMC does rock.

Noob. You don't know what you're talking about. Actual rocks.

...kidding, kidding. Well slightly. Actual IMC does rock.

Yea that's what I thinking, I had 2.3 before today. However after about 5 min in the clouds I got tired of staring at the cloud so I clicked on the autopilot, but that was boring so I turned it off to practice my scan.

Then I requested a block altitude and skimmed the tops, now that was cool :)

I guess for me it's not so much the actual IMC time as it is the time spent operating around weather in the IMC environment-climbing into a layer, breaking out on top, and biggest thrill of the whole thing...breaking out at the bottom of the approach!!!:rawk:

i flew three hours the other week, three stops and 2.4 actual... i think it's pretty fun

three hours and 2.4 actual...Dang, you must have been in the soup almost the entire time and pretty low ceilings to boot...

My IFR x/c was 3.3 and 1.6 was actual/in the soup.....Talk about an ass-whooping.

...is not that great.

All winter I have been waiting for a chance to get some actual IMC time, well I got .8 of it today and it wasn't all that great. I prefer CAVU anyday. However, once I got above the layer it was such a beautiful sight :)

My point:
actual sucks
on top rocks!
Most of my actual came on a flight back from the Keys to DAB. After about 15 minutes I too was bored. But then again after 15 minutes of flying a 172 on any cross country is boring.

The best IMHO is breaking out on top and being just above the layer. :nana2:
Again in my limited experience of actual, being right above the layer is awesome. But I think I only have less than 10 hrs actual logged.

In the V22 we would fly at altitude on cross country trips, I.E. NC to 'zona and would skim jsut over the clouds. Leaves a cool swirling effect behind the plane.

three hours and 2.4 actual...Dang, you must have been in the soup almost the entire time and pretty low ceilings to boot...

My IFR x/c was 3.3 and 1.6 was actual/in the soup.....Talk about an ass-whooping.

ovc 003

gotta love it, best time to go!

i did DPA-RFD-MDW-DPA

always fun stuff

Yea that's what I thinking, I had 2.3 before today. However after about 5 min in the clouds I got tired of staring at the cloud so I clicked on the autopilot, but that was boring so I turned it off to practice my scan.

Then I requested a block altitude and skimmed the tops, now that was cool :)

Yeah, on top and breaking out below are the best. Flying in the clouds is fun IMO it keeps you busy, unless you have a stupid autopilot :banghead: then it's just boring.

Yeah, on top and breaking out below are the best. Flying in the clouds is fun IMO it keeps you busy, unless you have a stupid autopilot :banghead: then it's just boring.

This morning was a low OVC at 1200 with tops at 3, it was awesome breaking out to the sunset!

...then 120nm later I got my butt kicked by mod percip, light rime icing, and a whole lot of turbulence.

Back