What the heck do I file?

mjg407

Our ferry kit has a GTX-330 transponder, so an a 1801 what equipment suffix do I put down? Thanks.

Our ferry kit has a GTX-330 transponder, so an a 1801 what equipment suffix do I put down? Thanks.

You going overseas? Figure you'd be a /A or /P for the transponder; unless you fall under one of the other Advanced RNAV sections, such as /G for having enroute/terminal GPS.

I know it's kicking my but. I think it would be S because the GTX-330 has mode S capability.

I know it's kicking my but. I think it would be S because the GTX-330 has mode S capability.

If it's Mode S, I believe you're right. Though I thought Mode C/S were considered the same for equip purposes.

Where's an NFO when you need one?

If it's Mode S, I believe you're right.

Where's an NFO when you need one?
I know! The GP isn't easy to understand either. So I'm putting in my FIR boundaries, but is it EET/ CZ 0117 or CZ 48N055W 0117?

I know! The GP isn't easy to understand either. So I'm putting in my FIR boundaries, but is it EET/ CZ 0117 or CZ 48N055W 0117?

I think its the second way you have written. Where you headed? Haven't heard 1801 in a while.....I think I've actually personally filed one a grand total of twice in my life.

I think its the second way you have written. Where you headed? Haven't heard 1801 in a while.....I think I've actually personally filed one a grand total of twice in my life.
I'm getting ready to ferry one of the P-3A's we brought out of the desert a few weeks ago to Portugal. They were purchased by the Brazil Air Force, we've done structural work on two, the others are being done at Lisbon in OGMA. It's kind of an abortion, we have a Garmin 530/430 stack set where the ASA 66 display goes. Let me see if I have a picture somewhere.

I'm getting ready to ferry one of the P-3A's we brought out of the desert a few weeks ago to Portugal. They were purchased by the Brazil Air Force, we've done structural work on two, the others are being done at Lisbon in OGMA. It's kind of an abortion, we have a Garmin 530/430 stack set where the ASA 66 display goes. Let me see if I have a picture somewhere.

Nice! You still running TACAN and INS on the thing then?

These actually have AHRS and one INS. So we use the AHRS and INS as the primary Attitude sources for the respective Pilot/Copilot Att Ind, and the HSI are driven off of AHRS/INS. However we use the GARMIN 530/430 as primary Nav, so really an abortion, here's a quick pick in the meantime.
DSC00043.jpg

Back