Crew rental car rates?

planejay

Not sure this is the best place to post this but I am wondering which rental car company has the best rate for airline crew members. I have called a couple places and they won't give me the rate over the phone. Thanks
-Jason

most smaller cities have independent agreements for discounts that you can only get in person (most of the time you have to get one of the local agents to "refer" you). Other than that, I've had very good luck getting cheap car rentals on www.carrentals.com .... it's a site like hotels.com that searches for the lowest rates and organizes them according to the lowest out the door price...

When I was at a small outstation of ours I was talking to the Hertz lady about how much to rent a car. She said "Oh, you must be an AOPA member right? :: wink wink ::" and that gave a pretty nice discount.

Not sure this is the best place to post this but I am wondering which rental car company has the best rate for airline crew members. I have called a couple places and they won't give me the rate over the phone. Thanks
-Jason
If you go to the actual car rental desk in a given city they should be able to give a quote for any other city in the US with a crew discount.

No joke, this is true.

The US Airways discount through THEHUB jacks the rate up $10/day.

Really? I haven't noticed that. I've noticed that it drops the rate by $10-$20 a day.. of course one can get a better deal thru priceline or a similar site.

Back