Looking for a CFI gig or Low TT job in FL

Kalikiano

Com SE/ME CFI CFII MEI around 260TT 135ME (yes ATP grad) looking for something close to the Daytona beach or surrounding areas (KDAB, KOMN KDED KSFB) but will commute as needed. any leads are always appreciated.

Thanks

A friend with more TT but less ME made the switch from RAA to Phoenix East Aviation (Daytona) last month. Haven't talked to her, may have known some ppl, but maybe they're hiring...

Orlando Flight training has been hiring hap-hazardly over the past few months. Low time guys are getting a starting pay of about 18/hr the experienced guys are making as much as 30/hr... hope that helps!

FIT in Melbourne was hiring not long ago, not sure if they still are now though, FlightSafety is saturated with instructors. Seems like most other flight schools have gone out of business in the last 6 months.

FIT in Melbourne was hiring not long ago, not sure if they still are now though, FlightSafety is saturated with instructors. Seems like most other flight schools have gone out of business in the last 6 months.

FWIW I went on the FIT website just now and didn't see any flight instructor openings.

I called FIT about a week ago and talked to the chief pilot. From what I heard it seemed like there was no chance of hiring until maybe August.

Just talked to some of those Phoenix East guys a week or so ago. They seemed really positive and sounded like they needed CFI's...let me know how that works out...

I called FIT about a week ago and talked to the chief pilot. From what I heard it seemed like there was no chance of hiring until maybe August.

Unofficial word around the FIT Aviation arena is that layoffs might be in the near future with an extremely low number of college aviation students expected to be enrolled in the next few semesters. I would strongly advise anyone holding out for a CFI job at FIT to continue shopping around. Best of luck.

I hate to say it but try ERAU you might get lucky...but I am sure they probably have enough coming out their school with the lack of hiring at the airlines.

Good luck

Unofficial word around the FIT Aviation arena is that layoffs might be in the near future with an extremely low number of college aviation students expected to be enrolled in the next few semesters. I would strongly advise anyone holding out for a CFI job at FIT to continue shopping around. Best of luck.

The chief pilot did mention that lay offs were a possibility for summer so that sounds pretty accurate.

I hate to say it but try ERAU you might get lucky...but I am sure they probably have enough coming out their school with the lack of hiring at the airlines.

Good luck

No chance for them I was a part-timer that just got let go. They got rid of all their part-timers and temps and will not be hiring for sometime.

Back