Question on currency rides.

Pilots12

As we all know in order to carry passengers you must fly the 3 take offs and landings every 90 days. So say I'm a private pilot who wants to go fly with a buddy who is also a private pilot. I'll be logging all of the PIC time for the first flight, and he will just sit right seat. It's been more than 90days from my last flight. In order for my passenger (who is a pilot) to ride along, do I need to first go do my landings solo or because he is a pilot can we waive this rule? The plane is a 172 so no need for two man crew.

As we all know in order to carry passengers you must fly the 3 take offs and landings every 90 days. So say I'm a private pilot who wants to go fly with a buddy who is also a private pilot. I'll be logging all of the PIC time for the first flight, and he will just sit right seat. It's been more than 90days from my last flight. In order for my passenger (who is a pilot) to ride along, do I need to first go do my landings solo or because he is a pilot can we waive this rule? The plane is a 172 so no need for two man crew.

Anyone who is not a required crew member is a passenger.

What if he flies the pattern under the hood and counts the guy as a safety pilot?

Unless he completes each take off and landing with a hood on, then the safety pilot is a passenger. The instant you take the hood off, a safety pilot isn't required and becomes a passenger.

if your pilot friend is current, then he can act as PIC while you get your 3 sole manipulator landings...

Back