OKC Peeps...Sundance?

HeyEng

For all you OKC people in 'da house...

Anyway been up to Sundance Airpark on the NW side of town? Just kinda curious about it...no reviews on Airnav or AOPA. Airnav shows 205 arrivals/departures a day also...is it really that busy there? That is almost as busy as PWA!!!

Any intel is appreciated!

Did my 250nm there a couple years back. Great airport. For me it wasn't too busy but I was there on a weekday afternoon. But overall it was certainly one of the better airports I have ever been to.

That sounds a little inflated. There are quite a few airplanes based there though. Many instructors will take their students over there from Wiley Post to do touch and goes.

That sounds a little inflated. There are quite a few airplanes based there though. Many instructors will take their students over there from Wiley Post to do touch and goes.

That's kind of what I thought. Kinda like my home airport, but it sure isn't reported as having 200 departures a day!

HSD is used heavily, as someone else said, for practice approaches and pattern work. It's non-controlled, but is out of the way of PWA and OKC and is capable of providing instrument approaches. A handful of flights each day do originate/terminate there though.

Back