Taking a camera flying

I wonder what the feds would say about it..... I know a sky diving center got into some hot water for having a camera fastened to the wing strut on a C182.

I wonder what the feds would say about it..... I know a sky diving center got into some hot water for having a camera fastened to the wing strut on a C182.

Not too much, since you'll see a lot of videos that have cameras mounted on the tail of the airplanes.

Yeah, but in my understanding, he can't just put a camera on the tail and slap a piece of tape saying "Experimental" on the A/C. He would need to get a special airworthiness certificate, maybe under R&D, or possibly a special flight certificate.

Yeah, but in my understanding, he can't just put a camera on the tail and slap a piece of tape saying "Experimental" on the A/C. He would need to get a special airworthiness certificate, maybe under R&D, or possibly a special flight certificate.

If it is removable and doesn't require any modifications to the airframe, no special approval should be required.

If it is removable and doesn't require any modifications to the airframe, no special approval should be required.

Oh really? I was doing some digging to see what the case was, and I could only find issuance of a special airworthiness certificate...

Back