Freight Runners Express

dcramer16

I have an interview at Freight Runners Express, mid-April. I haven't been able to find anything about them. Does anyone have any inside info?

The HQ is in mke and they have a few airplanes there, but most of the 99's are outstation based.

I know the owner. He's a very nice guy, until you don't do what you're told. I've flown with two of his former chief pilots and both of them said that running the flying ops safely was VERY difficult with him pushing limits.

With the boilerplate that I've never had word one with anyone in management at the company, I've heard second hand that the CP can be a handful. That said, I know at least one guy who went there, and while we haven't spoken since he started the job, I heard he's still there, and this guy was not a cowboy. If I were to guess, I'd say it's a typical 135 cargo job...

It certainly can't hurt to go out and see what it's like. Talk to the pilots, etc, get your own read. First hand experience is worth thirty pages of "I heard from a guy who knows a guy". Good luck.

First hand experience is worth thirty pages of "I heard from a guy who knows a guy". Good luck.

Yes, absolutely. I did get a PM from a pilot that had worked there. Not naming names, but he didn't have much of anything good to say about it. But at this point a job is a job, and after sitting around almost 6 months, I want to get back in the air.

But at this point a job is a job, and after sitting around almost 6 months, I want to get back in the air.

Yeah man. If I were to hit the streets tomorrow, I can think of a few flying jobs I wouldn't take, but not many. That's not to say you should ignore your gut and/or the advice of people who have actually been there and done it, but "any port in a storm" seems apposite. Hope it works out.

In all fairness, from what I gather, the mechanics hold the airplanes together and a pilot is allowed to be a pilot there. However, the owner wants things done a certain way and that causes some people to do things they shouldn't do.

In all fairness, from what I gather, the mechanics hold the airplanes together and a pilot is allowed to be a pilot there. However, the owner wants things done a certain way and that causes some people to do things they shouldn't do.

Your crazy that would never happen in the aviation world, safety is above everything! Even making money! :panic:

Well since you can't make money without running a safe operation yes you are correct.

Not true. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. That being said, I've never heard anything about Freight Runners Express

I think HVYMETALDRVR was being sarcastic about managements' bottom line, whether public or private.

Have a couple buddys over the pond here that flew in Freight Runners. Great guys, really havn't heard much about the company though. But with most 135 ops, its hard flying, down to mins, usually single pilot, with subpar aircraft. Dangerous flying but it makes you a damn good pilot.

=Jason-

But with most 135 ops, its hard flying, down to mins, usually single pilot, with subpar aircraft. Dangerous flying but it makes you a damn good pilot.

=Jason-

Well, I wouldn't call it dangerous, exactly. That would mean I'm an idiot. Oh, wait. :)

Single-pilot 135 IFR is challenging to be sure and I agree with everything else, but it's only as dangerous as the guy holding the yoke.

Trust me, if there's even a hint something could be dangerous I'm headed in the other direction or not taking the flight in the first place, which is what I get paid to do.

Flying VFR on a Saturday with a bunch of weekend warriors all headed to a pancake breakfast, now that's dangerous. :)

Back