LIDO Charts

moose

Anyone know where I can get a few lido chart samples and maybe a description guide that goes a long with them? From the pictures I found they look a lot like Jepps but would like to take a closer look at them.

...and does anyone have a good contact for them? Jepp is trying to make me pay for another "initial" service for my EFB this year when I should be getting the "revision" prices. These are supposed to be cheaper than the paper. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So, I'd like to look into the LIDO EFB product. If anyone has experience with it and could compare it to Jepp's FliteDeck, if you could drop me a PM with your experience that would be great! TIA!

-mini

Not even sure if LIDO does anything outside of 121 ops. The circling minimums are just totally missing for Cat A and B on their IAPs.

As for good examples, I don't know where to point anyone for public stuff. We've got a decent set up through the company. We can go on the LIDO website and print out any charts we're missing as well as look at the legends and tables. You need a company login and password to get to it, though.

The EFB system is quite a leap above what Jepp offers currently.
That's what I keep hearing.

Sucks to hear they aren't getting into the corp side of things yet. Oh well. Time to fish up some money for Jepp, I suppose. Either that or back to paper...and ain't no way that's happening.

-mini

Just doing contract work. Today a 421, tomorrow a Cj2...Sunday some instruction in a 152. Kind of hit or miss right now. Nothing big anytime soon.

-mini

Ok, was thinking that I might talk to them about talking to folks with a large corporate flight department.

Maybe someone with a dozen jets or so. Companies like Netjets would be good candidates also.

I can make a phone call and see if there would be any interest. The only company I know is cheap...real cheap...they're going to be hard to convince to do the initial install/approval process with the feds and purchase the hardware, etc.

I've been wrong before though, so I guess it can't hurt.

-mini

Wouldn't be worth it, you need someone that wants to do it right. They really aren't interested in the corporate thing, so they won't be doing any "selling". If a large customer came to THEM and wanted to make it work, there is a chance. At least, they'd talk to them, but they're not going to go out and spend any effort on a small operator (meaning smaller than an airline in size). That's why the fract's are a possibility.

I can make a phone call and see if there would be any interest. The only company I know is cheap...real cheap...they're going to be hard to convince to do the initial install/approval process with the feds and purchase the hardware, etc.

Pinnacle uses LIDO. 'Nuff said. :)

Granted we got it b/c we needed a new dispatch software for the Delta flying, and I think they tossed in the charts for next to nothing. The company has probably been stringing us (and them) along on the promise of upgrading to EFBs soon.

Pinnacle uses LIDO. 'Nuff said. :)

Granted we got it b/c we needed a new dispatch software for the Delta flying, and I think they tossed in the charts for next to nothing. The company has probably been stringing us (and them) along on the promise of upgrading to EFBs soon.

Next time I see you let me tell you the story about the LIDO process and the offer we were given by Luftansa that we passed up.....:rolleyes:

Wouldn't be worth it, you need someone that wants to do it right. They really aren't interested in the corporate thing, so they won't be doing any "selling". If a large customer came to THEM and wanted to make it work, there is a chance. At least, they'd talk to them, but they're not going to go out and spend any effort on a small operator (meaning smaller than an airline in size). That's why the fract's are a possibility.
I'm talking about a company operating ~60 planes. I guess that's too small.

-mini

I'm talking about a company operating ~60 planes. I guess that's too small.

-mini

Probably not, but they'd have to approach LIDO. I think they'd talk to them. They have expressed some interest, but it is not been their current focus.

Probably not, but they'd have to approach LIDO. I think they'd talk to them. They have expressed some interest, but it is not been their current focus.
Raja. I'll bounce it off of the CP, but right now I'm not even allowed a rental car on the road....ever ....so I can't imagine setting up 2 EFBs per plane. The hardware cost alone would be outrageous. I don't know what it compares to Q-Service, but I know the tablet PCs can be had for ~$1500 right now.

Thanks for the info though!

-mini

Back