Non-PEPC Process

Rowie

Good Morning All,

Can anyone who has gone the non-PEPC route give me an idea of the timeline it took? I already had my interview and I know this could take longer than PEPC, obviously, but just wanted to see if anyone had an idea about the time to get the next step going.

Thanks in Advance!

Good Morning All,

Can anyone who has gone the non-PEPC route give me an idea of the timeline it took? I already had my interview and I know this could take longer than PEPC, obviously, but just wanted to see if anyone had an idea about the time to get the next step going.

Thanks in Advance!

Hey Rowie how was your interview? was it basically like what the PEPC peoples have been. i have mine tomorrow. Did you bring anything, the lady i spoke with said all you need is an id to get through the gate??

Thank for that link - that is very helpful!

My interview went well. It was very lowkey. I went to the tower I will be working at, and the Manager was very nice. He told me this was just a formality since I had already been selected and he just had to ask six questions to give OKC some notes about the six areas they are interested in, such as teamwork experience, feelings toward shift work, spoken english (no kidding), etc. The six questions were pulled from the list that is on JC. No surprise questions. I brought my resume just in case. He had my whole ASAP print out, but I offered it and he was glad I brought it because it was easier to look at. I also brought a portfolio and took some notes because he explained a lot of facility-specific things. We talked for about 25 minutes going back and forth between ATC topics and random topics and then he took me on a tower tour for about a half hour where I got to meet some of my future co-workers. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

After the interview, does the ASAP have to do with anything anymore? My test scores no longer show up, and it no longer shows my progress steps.

I REALLY wished I had gone to a PEPC. I REALLY think I would be in OKC by now. (or finished) I couldn't afford to go out to Kansas to do it.

(Come to find out my parents would have paid for it if I'd have asked them!!!! :banghead:)

I started the Non-PEPC route in October. (When I turned down the PEPC offer)

Yesterday I finally declared the process over. Now I'm waiting on the FOL.
Interview - Done
Drug Test - Done
Physical - Done
MMPI - Done
Security Clearance - (All references received and returned their forms)

A note about the Security Clearance. I filled out the initial paperwork on e-QIP on 1/8/08. I was called a week later asking for clarification of something I put down so I figured that the checkout process had started. All the references I put down - for housing and character - received their forms last week and sent them back in already. I assume that is the last part of that process since they probably wouldn't take the time to send those out if they hadn't verified everything else first.

Nathan got pretty lucky. He was able to get through quickly. I wish I had his luck!! I think him having a security clearance already helped him scoot along quickly too.

Chris

Wow. That's kinda of what I'm worried about. At least you should be good to go now!

Has anyone from the current round of hiring... that is going Non-PEPC... received anything more than their interview yet?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like I'm just waiting for a class date/FOL. My non-PEPC was pretty quick... completed everything in a month time span. I would inform my HR rep what my status was after I completed something and then I'd ask if they would give me the next step. All in all it was pretty easy going. The paperwork all came at once and I got my drug test, physical, and psych test all done in the same week. I just asked them to overwhelm me with everything they needed me to get done and then just knocked it all out. Now I wait for that elusive class date.

hey guys & girls,

for those who went non-PEPC... did your TOL come in the postal mail or e-mail?

thanks!

hey guys & girls,

for those who went non-PEPC... did your TOL come in the postal mail or e-mail?

thanks!

yeah it they both came on the same day which was a bit of a surprise. it's a lot of paper work, but it's not too hard.

If you stay on top of things, it isn't difficult to get everything done within 2-3 weeks for receiving your TOL. I was actually able to accomplish everything save my medical on the same day. If one of the people you have to contact to arrange something isn't responsive, don't be afraid to go back to your HR contact(s) to give them a little nudge to get things moving.

Back