USA today forum bashes Flight 1549 Air traffic controller

Re: USA today forum bashes Flight 1549 Air traffic controlle

Where is the controller bashing... Am i reading the right link?

Edit... I see where... lmao

Why do all these threads devolve into deity-based pissing contests? The original topic was already highly opinionated and devoid of facts, then throw in the God card....what a waste of words.

just goes to show how little the public knows about controlling.

Personally, I think (as many of you do) the ATC was entirely accurate based on statistics. What most non-aviation people, population in general, don't realize is that a water landing isn't a "softer landing". Most people don't realize that if they are over water not within gliding distance of land and have to make an emergency landing...chances are at least half will be dead...if not everyone. Just too many forces involved.

I only read the first page of comments, I then wanted to get violent on the stupid people. I did feel bad for the guy the was trying to defend the controller. That post just confirmed my thoughts on the general population... Darwinism needs to be practiced on humanity.

I only read the first page of comments, I then wanted to get violent on the stupid people. I did feel bad for the guy the was trying to defend the controller. That post just confirmed my thoughts on the general population... Darwinism needs to be practiced on humanity.

I try not to carry an attitude that I am smarter than the average bear.... but I hate stupid people.

Or maybe eugenics on stupid people.

I try not to carry an attitude that I am smarter than the average bear.... but I hate stupid people.

I'm not smarter than your average bear... but I do have the same eatting habits, i.e. "MMMM smells good" walk over to good smelling thing "ARGGH good smelling thing locked away" roar smash eat, in that order. lol.

When online newspapers introduced viewer comments to news stories, the experience went downhill entirely.

Basically, the writers just want to get a rise out of you because they want attention, and especially want the opportunity to debate you about how you make $500K/year, work 2 days a month and "Hayl, if An JOE leeena JOE LEE can 'Push Tin', hayl, so's can I and $20G's is plenny!"

I'm not smarter than your average bear... but I do have the same eatting habits, i.e. "MMMM smells good" walk over to good smelling thing "ARGGH good smelling thing locked away" roar smash eat, in that order. lol.

That's damn hilarious, best line I've read in a while lol

=J-

Are these people seriously trying to bash the ATCer for not suggesting that the plane land in the Hudson? Really?? Seriously?? Ignorance at it's finest ladies and gentlemen

ignorance is bliss..........classic line "why did the controller try and send him to an airport when the BEST place to land was the Hudson" jeeeeeesus

A lot of the comments are highly sarcastic. Hopefully we're all picking up on that. I'll highlight a few:

"This was clearly an act of terrorism ("NTSB investigators have said bird remains found in both engines of the downed plane have been identified as Canada geese.")." (ok ok, this one was REALLY obvious).

"I don't recall has anybody givin God any credit for this miracle. I mean I thank God for the gift of skill he gave the piloit and crew.

Thank you Jesus"

I especially like the Jesus comment, because it was an obvious troll attempt to incite argument and bickering. And people actually bought it.

"I don't recall has anybody givin God any credit for this miracle. I mean I thank God for the gift of skill he gave the piloit and crew.

Thank you Jesus"

I especially like the Jesus comment, because it was an obvious troll attempt to incite argument and bickering. And people actually bought it.

Heh. Having worked in ministry for a number of years... I don't think that person was trolling. Plenty of people I knew would post up comments like that to convert the heathens. *sigh*

Back