FOL location different from TOL location

Guire

Anybody know of any instance when one's FOL location was different from the one on their TOL? I ask this because at the PEPC during the interview my interviewer seemed taken aback that Alaska was my second Geographic Preference, as he said there was likely a big need for controllers there. Judging by the PUBAK announcement, I'd assume this is true. He also got up twice during the interview and left the room. I assume these breaks in the action had nothing to do with me, but you never know. Maybe he was trying to tell some HR higher-ups I'm willing to go to the frozen north.

All in all, my interview time from the times written on the time beginning to the time ending was a good 30 minutes longer than everyone I spoke to there. Man, that sentence has more uses of the word time/s than any sentence I have ever formed, probably. Anyway, I'm guessing this caused questions about the interview to be raised since a local tower then contacted me for an interview.

So! Back to the main question: anyone know of any instances where their FOL was different than their TOL? Thanks.

Anybody know of any instance when one's FOL location was different from the one on their TOL? I ask this because at the PEPC during the interview my interviewer seemed taken aback that Alaska was my second Geographic Preference, as he said there was likely a big need for controllers there. Judging by the PUBAK announcement, I'd assume this is true. He also got up twice during the interview and left the room. I assume these breaks in the action had nothing to do with me, but you never know. Maybe he was trying to tell some HR higher-ups I'm willing to go to the frozen north.

All in all, my interview time from the times written on the time beginning to the time ending was a good 30 minutes longer than everyone I spoke to there. Man, that sentence has more uses of the word time/s than any sentence I have ever formed, probably. Anyway, I'm guessing this caused questions about the interview to be raised since a local tower then contacted me for an interview.

So! Back to the main question: anyone know of any instances where their FOL was different than their TOL? Thanks.

The only thing I know about is the guys going from Atlanta center to Memphis center. I read, i think on my TOL, that they reserve the right to move you anywhere in the state that you signed your Tol for.

I was sent a new TOL from NCT (Level 12 Tracon) to SCK (Level 5 Tower w/ Radar, no TRACON)

I just got my amended TOL yesterday from JNU to FAI. The HR rep stated to me that she needed to have the amended one signed or they couldn't send me anywhere else due to me being locked into JNU. I have never heard of anyone just being sent anywhere that they have not already consented to.

well that sucks ! u were really excited for Juno also

True but it is an up-down station so I get experience on both which will open more doors for me in the future. Not to mention that the money is better in the long run. :buck: Making the change from JNU to FAI also gets me into OKC much much sooner than what it was going to be.

True but it is an up-down station so I get experience on both which will open more doors for me in the future. Not to mention that the money is better in the long run. :buck: Making the change from JNU to FAI also gets me into OKC much much sooner than what it was going to be.
And no stupid cruise boat tourists!

And no stupid cruise boat tourists!

Exactly!! I won't be land locked in FAI like I was going to be in JNU but now I will not have darkness at midnight. I once heard that you have to be a little crazy to pull off this job but I think that in FAI, I might push the boundaries of "a little crazy" and go for full blown NUCKING FUTZ!! Man, I can't wait!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Did you ask for NCT or were they trying to throw you to the wolves?

They were attempting to throw me to the wolves, lucky I have a buddy that is a sup in sector C, and I think he got me sent to SCK tower because his buddy is the manager here. Yeah, my manager had my phone number even before student services.

I just got my amended TOL yesterday from JNU to FAI.

Ending up in JNU was actually kind of what I was afraid of when starting this topic. Likely the most scenic state capitol (a globetrotting family friend said the Tongass Rainforest was the single most beautiful place he's ever seen... and he's seen a whole lot), life is made harder by all the clouds and precipitation. There's also the fact it's just a level 5 facility, not quite enough to offset cost of living, even with the 23% COLA (at least I wish it was higher). Finally, there is talk about moving the capitol from Juneau. Granted, there has been for decades, and nothing has come from it yet, and it is unlikely in the near future, but if they do move the capitol, it'll turn the place into another scattered village.

Ending up in ANC or FAI, though, would be much more desirable.

I just got my amended TOL yesterday from JNU to FAI. The HR rep stated to me that she needed to have the amended one signed or they couldn't send me anywhere else due to me being locked into JNU. I have never heard of anyone just being sent anywhere that they have not already consented to.

It happens. Some people have it happens right when they get their FOL, getting sent to somewhere totally different... I remember someone from PUBNAT1 getting sent from a tower in Florida to Memphis Center.

Back