Sun n' Fun 2009

JeffMSU

I'm going over the financial aspects of flying down (commercially) to Sun n' Fun this year for a day. Im looking at tues wed or thur. I would be getting in late the night before, spending the day there and then flying back at 6 or 7 that night. I would be flying DTW to MCO and then driving the hour or so to lakeland, fl in a rental car.

Any comments of past Sun n' funs? Is it worth spending the money to go there for a day? If I dont buy anything huge, I think it will cost about 350 for everything including travel, food, ticket and some misc expences. I live in Michigan and was planning on going to Oshkosh this summer but hopefully I will have a job by then and be busy during the summer.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions!

I was wanting to do Oshkosh, but I can't come up with a way to afford it. Right now I'm in North AL and a drive down to Lakeland might not be too bad considering I've not yet been to either of the two big shows.

Did you look into lodging? How bad is the hit for that?

I did not look into lodging, the NWA flight im looking at gets in at 12:17 am so I would just sleep a few hours in the rental car at some point between Orlando and Lakeland, probably save a around $100-150 not staying at a hotel, problem is that most likely I'll regret only going for one day...

probably save a around $100-150 not staying at a hotel, problem is that most likely I'll regret only going for one day...

Honestly, I think one day was plenty. At the end of the day I didn't find myself upset that it was time to go home. It might also be that I enjoy looking at stuff then moving along. I'm not one of those people who will spend hours at one booth. Regardless, you will have an awesome time.

You may want to check hotels in Winter Haven or Tampa as well. I am in Winter Haven. It is only about 20 minutes from Lakeland. Let me know if you need me to check out any hotels.

Amanda

I will likely be there, not sure what I will be flying but I may just take the Champ if it is me and just one other. I would probably come for a day or two. I am in the Pensacola area. From what I have heard a day or two is plenty.

Back