Sim Hours...Logged?

Donny Boy

Hey guys, i'm 17, almost got my private. I got the treat of two hours in the simulator up at Pease Air National Guard Base "PSM" with a friend from the NH Air National Guard. I don't have any ratings for a KC-135 of course, but is there anything i could log as far as ILs approaches go or what not. It's free time, wondering if i could take advantage of it.

Hey guys, i'm 17, almost got my private. I got the treat of two hours in the simulator up at Pease Air National Guard Base "PSM" with a friend from the NH Air National Guard. I don't have any ratings for a KC-135 of course, but is there anything i could log as far as ILs approaches go or what not. It's free time, wondering if i could take advantage of it.
You can log whatever you want, whether it counts for anything is another matter.

I would give it a line in the logbook, just to remember it, but I probably would not even attach a number to it.

You can log whatever you want, whether it counts for anything is another matter.

I would give it a line in the logbook, just to remember it, but I probably would not even attach a number to it.

That's what I did when I flew the A320 sim at United.

Each flight has a line in my book, mainly for the memory. :rolleyes:

I log it as "sim" time; not "flight" time and not "total" time, although I don't think there's really an FAA definition of "total time". You can log the approaches you do.

Ok....i guess ill bring my logbook along. I just don't wanna have it count as a negative when down the road i go to apply at some outfit.

Put everything in there so you can remember it as you get older, and if a future interviewer asks you about it, explain the opportunity you got, and don't add it to the total time. Sounds like fun though.

When I was an ROTC cadet, a couple friends and I got rides in the back seat of F-16's, and two guys brought their logbooks and the instructors put it in there, and one of the instructors said "I wanna see the look on the face of your checkride examiner when he sees this." Of course, it was logged just for the memories

Back