Stye question

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
I happen to have a stye on my left eye. I am going to get it removed as soon as the opthomologist gets a chance. However I noticed that is starting to get dark. Is it a problem or just something normal that happens?

Thanks.

I happen to have a stye on my left eye. I am going to get it removed as soon as the opthomologist gets a chance. However I noticed that is starting to get dark. Is it a problem or just something normal that happens?

Thanks.

Does it hurt? I thought they usually go away on their own...?

A stye (hordeolum) is an infected gland in the eyelid. It is usually treated with local heat and resolves by itself. Sometimes we prescribe antibiotic drops or ointment to speed the process. It has been a long time since I have seen one removed.

The heat did not end up doing anything for it. According to the doctor it has hardened up to the point that it has to be removed.

If anybody else gets a stye and has to have it removed, the process is remarkably easy.

They numb the eye, pull back the eyelid and scoop the stuff out. I was in and out in less than an hour.

If anybody else gets a stye and has to have it removed, the process is remarkably easy.

They numb the eye, pull back the eyelid and scoop the stuff out. I was in and out in less than an hour.

gross

i had a stye, luckly it resolved itself...
how did they scoop it out?

Back