P-49

germb747

I haven't seen anything official on this, but should we expect P-49 (Crawford, TX) prohibited airspace (and it's associated 30nm TFR when W is in town) to be rescinded in short order?

I haven't seen anything official on this, but should we expect P-49 (Crawford, TX) prohibited airspace (and it's associated 30nm TFR when W is in town) to be rescinded in short order?

I would expect that the smaller P-49 will stay in place for a few months, then go away entirely.

I would expect that the smaller P-49 will stay in place for a few months, then go away entirely.

Well he's moving to Dallas (not back to Crawford), so hopefully this will go away soon. Anyone want to organize an airshow / mass flyover at the ranch to welcome him back to TX? :p

I actually landed there on his first trip to the ranch as President back in 01. I rode along for the rehearsal flight, and Laura came out of their house and waved at us.

I think there will be a NOTAM in a few weeks saying that P-49 has been deactivated.

Here's a scary thought. There will be a new one for Obama's house, right in the middle of Chicago's class B airspace.

There seems to be P- class airspace over the homes of every former president, - so wouldn't it suck to see a P-49 replacement pop up over the middle of Dallas and shut down the VFR corridor that people use to transit the Class B airspace from north to south (over Love field).

I was flying over Crawford the other day, and asked Gray Approach what the plans for P49 were. I was told that the ranch is up for sale, and once it is sold P49 will be deactivated.

Yeah no reason for him to look like a good old boy from a hometown in Texas anymore. I am personally surprised he is even moving back to Texas.

There seems to be P- class airspace over the homes of every former president, - so wouldn't it suck to see a P-49 replacement pop up over the middle of Dallas and shut down the VFR corridor that people use to transit the Class B airspace from north to south (over Love field).

Really? Where's the Prohibited area over George HW Bush's house in Houston?

Yeah no reason for him to look like a good old boy from a hometown in Texas anymore. I am personally surprised he is even moving back to Texas.

Where else would he go?

He was raised here, spent most of his career here, and from all reports considers himself a "good ole boy from Texas".

The word here in Dallas is that they will spend the week here, and the weekends in Crawford. The cul da sac their house is on is getting a gate to keep the gawkers out. There will be a police cruiser there for the next few months.

P-67 is over Kennebunkport, ME, which is the vacation home of Bush Sr. Where is his home in Houston?

His library is, I think, going in over at SMU. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. If he's going to go back into private sector business, it would make sense for him to base in Dallas. It's a good business town, easy to get to and from.

Laura is from Midland, and I would assume she still has a fair amount of her family still in the area. Not to mention that Bush himself has lived all but a few years of his life there. Put those two together and I'm sure as a family that's probably where they feel most comfortable.

GW's at the ranch this morning and the only thing up is the little p-49 10 mile circle 0 to 5000 ft

Back