IFR written

Holocene

Taking it tomorrow, and I can't recall whether or not electronic E6Bs are allowed??? I mean, the most I'll probably be asked to do is compute some leg times and headings, which is pretty much child's play even with the mechanical wheel, but again, anyone know if electronic flight computers are permitted?

Thanks a lot.

Taking it tomorrow, and I can't recall whether or not electronic E6Bs are allowed??? I mean, the most I'll probably be asked to do is compute some leg times and headings, which is pretty much child's play even with the mechanical wheel, but again, anyone know if electronic flight computers are permitted?

Thanks a lot.

Hey good luck okay. Though you won't need it.

And if you're using a Laser Grade facility, they have one built into the program. Good Luck!

And if you're using a Laser Grade facility, they have one built into the program. Good Luck!

Really? an E6-B or are you just talking about the calculator function?
Is that a new development or have I just been over looking it?

Really? an E6-B or are you just talking about the calculator function?
Is that a new development or have I just been over looking it?

A flight calculator. Easy to use and idiot proof IMO. It's always been there as far as I know...

I did my PPL and IR writtens with Lasergrade, I couldn't recall there being any sort of an electronic E6B...I do have the CX-2 though and it was legal to use.

Just remember that the answer to 6 of the 8 possible ETA calculation questions for a given flight is the time that is closest to 1:30 minutes.

The two that do not follow that "rule" is the one with the JUDDS intersection and one with GROMO in the question. The answer to those two is the closest to an hour, but not more than one hour.

Some gouge for ya, I just took my instrument and CFII written, 97 and 96 respectively - got those ETA calculation questions right on both of them.

Holocene-

If you plan on ever becoming a CFII, I recommend taking the II written ASAP, while the info is still fresh.

Holocene-

If you plan on ever becoming a CFII, I recommend taking the II written ASAP, while the info is still fresh.
Good advice, that's what I did - went back about 2 days later - many questions from the instrument written showed up again, all of the questions are drawn from the same bank as the instrument exam.

The only difference is the CFII has a helicopter question or two thrown in. One is about the fuel reserves for IFR in a helicopter - and the answer's 30 minutes.

Holocene-

That's a good idea. However, I just don't see myself that far along in even 2 years. I don't have the cash and/or time some here have.

Holocene-

Not a bad idea. I just took the IR, CFII, and the IGI all on the same day, it wasn't too bad......

Back