My ear hurts!

fish1260

I woke up this morning, took a shower, and in the normal fashion of drying off my hair/head, I realized that my ear was in quite a bit of pain. The pain seems to be pressure(air) related, in that if I were to cover my ear with my hand and create any sort of seal and press or remove it there is quite a severe pain. Same goes for if i were to plug my ear with a finger. It also hurts if I cough or hiccup.

I didn't think much of it, as I do not get sick often, and have not flown while sick in quite some time. But, on the way to work I have to drive through a small pass, maybe a 1500' change in elevation, and on the way UP I had pain and a localized headache. My ear does not feel 'blocked' or as if there is excess pressure. I have never had any inner ear problems while flying, and never had an ear infection in my life for that matter, so I don't really have an idea of whats going on.

Any ideas or recommendations? I have a full schedule of flights tomorrow, and at this point really not looking forward to any of them! :mad:

Sounds like a blocked eustachian tube. I would use some Afrin before the trip home and if it still bothers you going over the pass you should not fly. Use some Sudafed (60mg) 4 times a day to help open the ear.

I woke up this morning, took a shower, and in the normal fashion of drying off my hair/head, I realized that my ear was in quite a bit of pain. The pain seems to be pressure(air) related, in that if I were to cover my ear with my hand and create any sort of seal and press or remove it there is quite a severe pain. Same goes for if i were to plug my ear with a finger. It also hurts if I cough or hiccup.

I didn't think much of it, as I do not get sick often, and have not flown while sick in quite some time. But, on the way to work I have to drive through a small pass, maybe a 1500' change in elevation, and on the way UP I had pain and a localized headache. My ear does not feel 'blocked' or as if there is excess pressure. I have never had any inner ear problems while flying, and never had an ear infection in my life for that matter, so I don't really have an idea of whats going on.

Any ideas or recommendations? I have a full schedule of flights tomorrow, and at this point really not looking forward to any of them! :mad:

the best thing i can recommend you is the earodc- it is non invasive medical devise that treats the problem rather than the symptom.:yeahthat:
you can read about it on www.eardoc.info

the best thing i can recommend you is the earodc- it is non invasive medical devise that treats the problem rather than the symptom.:yeahthat:
you can read about it on www.eardoc.info

Interesting item, but be aware that Agmon appears to be employed by eardoc. (or someone by the same name answers questions there) Not saying that it may not be a fine product, just know the source of the testimonial is all. :)

Back