AA Jumpseat Update

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
From the SLC CPO:

Jump seat issues on American Airlines: We have been in contact with American Air Lines on your concerns regarding jump seating. It seems that the AA agents here in SLC were unaware of special codes to enter into CASS to prevent jump seat riders of becoming selectee’s and thus subject to searches. We have been told by American management that this issue will be corrected by later today.

Haven't been a selectee on AA in years... even then, I'd just put the boarding pass in my pocket when it had the SSSS on it and went through with my badge alone.

Is this just a DAL/AA JS issue, or an SLC/AA Ticket Agent issue?

Haven't been a selectee on AA in years... even then, I'd just put the boarding pass in my pocket when it had the SSSS on it and went through with my badge alone.

Is this just a DAL/AA JS issue, or an SLC/AA Ticket Agent issue?

I always print my seat request and stick it in my pocket, using only my badge to go through security. Less hassle. I was actually working a flight in Richmond and they pulled me aside and searched me. I was in uniform and everyone passing through security seemed interested as to why a pilot was in the glass bubble being searched.

I always print my seat request and stick it in my pocket, using only my badge to go through security. Less hassle. I was actually working a flight in Richmond and they pulled me aside and searched me. I was in uniform and everyone passing through security seemed interested as to why a pilot was in the glass bubble being searched.

Richmond is the biggest joke in our entire system. Please file a complaint on TSA's website/blog if you get a chance. They actually do a great job of following through... the Federal Security Directors are usually "real" law enforcement and don't tolerate badge-heavy wannabes. I can't tell you how many times pilots have been harassed there.

Richmond is the biggest joke in our entire system. Please file a complaint on TSA's website/blog if you get a chance. They actually do a great job of following through... the Federal Security Directors are usually "real" law enforcement and don't tolerate badge-heavy wannabes. I can't tell you how many times pilots have been harassed there.

I thought we were the only crews that got the third degree in Richmond. Only place EVER I've been told "No, you have to take your ID OFF the lanyard so i can hold it."

I thought we were the only crews that got the third degree in Richmond. Only place EVER I've been told "No, you have to take your ID OFF the lanyard so i can hold it."

It's out of hand. I seriously think the supervisors there have something against flight crew. A Trans States guy who lives there told me how they even give the airport LEOs a hard time when going into the sterile areas. These are the SAME people every day and have worked at RIC longer than the TSA has been around. This isn't a Travolta/Cage movie...

J.

Ha, I was in RIC yesterday and a tubstacker got mouthy with me for pushing a tub from a pax in front me (who'd already gone through the metal detector) through the x-ray so I could get my own stuff through. "you're not authorized to touch that, sir".

I enjoyed that almost as much as the "crew line" in ATL this week.....apparantly it's actually the "crew/every granny, toddler, and heavily pierced indivdual who happens to be riding a pass line".

Back