MD and VA Hiring Situation??

Umlaut

I am a PUBNAT4 applicant going through the waiting process with the rest of you, and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the hiring situation at BWI or Reagan International (DCA). Both locations are Level 9 terminals, yet in the 3 months I have been scanning the boards, I have only seen one person claim to go to DCA.

According to the somewhat older staffing information i found from the last FAA staffing survey, both locations are about 80% staffed, but who knows how accurate that is currently.

I'm a little worried since MD and VA were my two geopref selections. If anyone had any insider info about the hiring situation at either location, or any positive or negative info about these workplaces in general, please share. :crazy:

Im going to Norfolk, graduate Jan 16th. I am from VA but had VA as last on my list of geo preferences, was offered Norfolk and took it anyways.

Congrats on graduation! But feel free to change facilities and tell them to hire me as your replacement :rawk:.

I'm going to DCA and am waiting for my class date. When I was asking about the staffing levels I think they said they were going to pick some people up in 09 so it is definately worth a try.

Those staffing numbers are old, so I wouldnt pay much attention to them. When I emailed BWI back in august they told me they had 2 people retiring in 09 for sure and another 4-5 eligable to retire out of a total of 27 people. I think I might have seen one person going to BWI, but I could be wrong. My advice would be what I tell everyone. Email them and ask. Getting on their radar screen can really help. Go try to take a tour too. It's always a good idea to know what you are getting into. Everyone tends to be very nice. If you need any contact info PM me.

Thats encouraging news, and now you are the second person I have seen going to DCA. So maybe there is hope.

Either way, I suppose I will find out in a week or so when my referral list comes out.

wow, thats wierd. I havent heard of anyone else going to DCA. You sure it wasnt me you were thinking of. Either way, good luck!

I suppose it could have been you, I have no way of recalling. I was just looking around and I remember stumbling across someone claiming they were going to DCA. Oh well, it probably was then.

All that matters to me is that at least one of the locations in my geoprefs appears to be hiring. So there's a chance. :crazy:

Back