Housing Swap Idea

ElyJs

I have created a little beta version of an airline housing swap network. Has anyone used something like this in the past? I know its a little bigger in Europe. I also know that a lot of professors use something similar when going on sabbatical.

I really like the idea and want to make this work. Most of us have travel benefits but can't really use them as much as we would like. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for some public input on this idea. Maybe Doug could create Housing Swap forum instead of the social networking idea?

Hey if anyone wants to come stay on Colorado for a week and can get me near the beach I am interested!

This version was created on a WYSIWYG social networking software called ning. It is actually pretty useful, but if the network grew then it would need to be redone. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

http://airlineswap.ning.com

Thanks for looking!

Jason

Interesting but I would be worried about the liability aspect. Do you have insurance? Is it an LLC or Corp?

I do not have an llc or corp set up. There is no money exchanged. There really isn't any money to be made. It would be up to the members to really trust one another.

The site is just the first step in the swap process. Part of the reason for keeping it airline related would be to participate with other professionals. For the most part if you can operate a transport category aircraft, I will trust you to stay in my place and drive my car. Also, because I will be staying in your home I would expect that you would leave my place as you found it, just as I will do for you.

An interesting way to do it would be to somehow register ones account with CASS or another way to verify you are who you say you are.

I do not have an llc or corp set up. There is no money exchanged. There really isn't any money to be made. It would be up to the members to really trust one another.

The site is just the first step in the swap process. Part of the reason for keeping it airline related would be to participate with other professionals. For the most part if you can operate a transport category aircraft, I will trust you to stay in my place and drive my car. Also, because I will be staying in your home I would expect that you would leave my place as you found it, just as I will do for you.

An interesting way to do it would be to somehow register ones account with CASS or another way to verify you are who you say you are.

You'd be surprised.

No what I'm talking about is someone uses your site to find a place, gets hurt or worse and it comes back on your site because it arranged the deal. Not saying you will be sued but it certainly is a possibility to look at. Especially because I don't see any waivers or anything when clicking on the "sign up" link. I would at least at the bare minimum say users use your site at their own risk blah blah more lawyer speak blah blah blah. But definitely talk to a lawyer (or find one online like our resident AME) to see what your liability is. Just something to think about.

No what I'm talking about is someone uses your site to find a place, gets hurt or worse and it comes back on your site because it arranged the deal. Not saying you will be sued but it certainly is a possibility to look at. Especially because I don't see any waivers or anything when clicking on the "sign up" link. I would at least at the bare minimum say users use your site at their own risk blah blah more lawyer speak blah blah blah. But definitely talk to a lawyer (or find one online like our resident AME) to see what your liability is. Just something to think about.

Take a look at www.globalfreeloaders.com and see what kind of disclaimers they have. They are pretty much the same thing. its not a housing swap but a site for people to crash at random peoples houses.

Back