PUBNAT2 Reference Checks Irrelevant?

moulds80

With FOL’s being issued just days after most people’s references began getting their Scantrons, do you think the FAA even really cares what comes back if anything on them? It seems impossible that they would offer FOL’s so fast if the reference checks carried a lot of weight, as it would have been impossible for most people to respond with their scantrons before these FOL’s were cleared and issued.

I'm sure they hold some importance or they wouldn't bother. You can go to OKC with a preliminary security clearance, but if stuff shows up later and you fail to obtain your full clearance, you're fired. So I'd say they are very important.

Yes, that is very strange.......

I know for me, I did not get a prelim clearance until at least 2 months after everyone started getting letters.....

So I was under the impression they waited for them.

From what I know from other agencies (And I assume it's the same with the FAA) if your SF86 is relatively clean they will issue a Interim Clearance and hope that you were honest and everything will check out. If you were not honest and they find some discrepancy, and you have already gone to OKC on the interim clearance they will terminate you (if you really did lie).

If there is something on your SF86 that raises an eyebrow to the security people they probably will NOT issue an interim clearance and rather wait for all the forms and the rest of the investigation to be complete before issuing any type of clearance.

From what I know from other agencies (And I assume it's the same with the FAA) if your SF86 is relatively clean they will issue a Interim Clearance and hope that you were honest and everything will check out. If you were not honest and they find some discrepancy, and you have already gone to OKC on the interim clearance they will terminate you (if you really did lie).

If there is something on your SF86 that raises an eyebrow to the security people they probably will NOT issue an interim clearance and rather wait for all the forms and the rest of the investigation to be complete before issuing any type of clearance.
:yeahthat: I think you hit the head right on the nail [sic]

This is correct Sir.

:yeahthat: I think you hit the head right on the nail [sic]

Or the nail right on the head lol.

Come on guys, any head is good.

Does anyone know what type/level of clearance is issued?

I wonder the same thing, I wonder if the standards are lower/higher vs. a clearance to view classified information for example. I know it is a totally different type of clearance, but it's considered to be higher or lower.

One sufficient for you to perform your job. That's all I care about...

Really? I figured they would issue a clearance that was totally useless...:sarcasm:

Enroute controllers get the equivalent of a SECRET clearance. Terminal controllers get a more basic check, probably closer to CONFIDENTIAL.

Thanks Nathanw. I couldn't find the answer anywhere else! I'm waiting for my Top Secret to come through right now for my current job - maybe this will help with the FAA process as well!

Really? I figured they would issue a clearance that was totally useless...:sarcasm:

Thanks Nathanw. I couldn't find the answer anywhere else! I'm waiting for my Top Secret to come through right now for my current job - maybe this will help with the FAA process as well!

It will if the OPM is doing your TS. The FAA uses them too.

Everyone just gets secret........there's really nothing to it....even in the Air Force most people in just get a secret clearance, with a few exceptions, there's nothing special about being atc

Everyone just gets secret........there's really nothing to it....even in the Air Force most people in just get a secret clearance, with a few exceptions, there's nothing special about being atc

Tower doesn't require a Secret Clearance, that's why the final clearance takes months less.

Back